Start Producing the Future

Charlotte charlotte at tuxdeluxe.org
Wed Oct 14 11:29:27 BST 2009

START PRODUCING THE FUTURE
Experiments against Enclosure - Tools to reclaim the Commons

All round the world, there are thousands of projects and people working from
the bottom up, creating and resisting the system that is causing climate
change and building a more just and sustainable world, right here and now. As
part of the 100 days run up to the Copenhagen Climate summit, The Trapese
Collective invite YOU to three days of practical workshops, trainings,
discussions and inspiration on everything from crash technologies and local
food to campaigning and building alternatives. Come to just one workshops or
the whole three days. Check out our mid week film programme. Join the real
green (grassroots) shoots.

When? Saturdays 17th October, 31st October, 14th November 2009, 10.30 - 6pm.

Where? Arnolfini, 16 Narrow Quay, Bristol BS1 4QA www.arnolfini.org.uk

How? Register via Arnolfini box office or phone, T: +44 (0)117 9172300 / 01
E: boxoffice at arnolfini.org.uk .
Please say which session(s) you plan to attend. Or simply turn up and register
on the day. Some sessions are 'closed' once they start, others are 'drop in',
(see programme)

How much? Participation is not dependent on paying but we suggest a donations
from £5 to £15 per person, per day, depending on income. This will go to the
workshop facilitators, who are offering these sessions for free, or to the
projects of their choosing.

Food? Bring food to share or there are plenty of local eateries.

Who? Trapese are a popular education collective who among other projects
edited the Do It Yourself -handbook for changing our world, in 2007. This
project which draws on the themes from the book will be co-ordinated by Alice
Cutler, Natasha Machin and Steve Stuffit, from Bristol with input from Paul
Chatterton, and Kim Bryan and many other Trapese friends.

PROGRAMME

DAY 1- 17.10 2009
Living Sustainably, organising co operatively.

DAY 2 31.10.09
Inspiring change and learning together

DAY 3 14.11.09
Direct Action: Ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

For full details of each day's programme email luvtasha2 at yahoo.co.uk