An Invitation ..

franuk50 fs at tmdnet.net
Fri Sep 18 08:16:28 BST 2009

21st Century Network would like to invite you to their meeting on December 10th in London at 6.30 on Migration, Vulnerable Communities and Exploitation. It is about diversity and humanity in our growing global community.We also have a meeting on homelessness and child trafficking.

You can find out more about this and register here
 (Then link this sentence to  http://www.meetup.com/21stCenturyNetwork/calendar/10889144/ )

This meeting looks at how migrant workers can be exploited in a wide range of industries from care to food processing and from building to the clothes industry. Speaking at this meeting will be

Jack Dromey is a trade unionist and Deputy General Secretary of the Transport and General Workers Union. Jack is head of the T&G Organising Department and believes unions have to reach out to the most exploited in our society.

Jill Rutter who joined the Institute For Public Policy Research in February 2007 and is now Head of Policy, Research and Communications at Refugee and Migrant Justice and

Mohammed Aziz the founding Chief Executive Officer of the Forum Against Islamophobia and Racism and the British Muslim Research Centre.

We also hope to have a migrant speak to us about his or her exploitation in the labour market.

Two of our speakers are members of The Commission on Vulnerable Employment, which was established by the TUC because of its belief that the well being of any single worker and their family is too important to be left unprotected.

We hope you are able to attend and take part in this important discussion.

Best wishes,

Francis Sealey