House prices and Land Value Tax

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 15 17:51:45 BST 2010

hi tony

factors contributing to the house price bubble, only some of which you,
James Armstong and others have identified. but it seems to me a good thing
to acknowledge that speculation on the property market and the bubvle that
ensued which was a major contributing cause to the crisis. lvt does not, as
you indicate necessarily punish the poor as it is owners, not renters who
become liable and there is no reason why a hefty exemption band can be
included, as lvt gets phased in, say exemption for owner occupires
of properties worth 250,000 or less and a gradual percentage increase for
bands up from there. while, at the same time(again, gradually, starting with
say the 1st 30,000 p/a earners ) income tax at least for the non mega rich,
phased out..

anyhow i have cc/d some comrades at labour land campaign carol, robin , dave
and heather so that they can contribute here too

cheers

mark

--
"We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet /Yet is there no
man speaketh as we speak in the street.”