Action against homelessness: winter shelter opens in Luton

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Dec 7 01:23:13 GMT 2010

On Monday 29th November NOAH Enterprise n High Town took the decision
that someone had to provide some form of emergency shelter for people
in Luton sleeping rough. There is no way they can be left to sleep
outside when it is this cold so NOAH Enterprise opened a winter
shelter for those who are street homeless.

Bridging the gap between education and the workplace with Luton Sixth
Form College
http://www.noahenterprise.org/
NOAH (New Opportunities And Horizons) is a Luton-based charity
offering hope and support to people struggling against homelessness
and exclusion.
Practical pathways out of homelessness for people of all faiths and none

NOAH is a faith based organisation and our work is motivated by the
Christian principles of love and charity. However, we never link
charity with evangelism and you do not need to be a Christian to work
for, support or receive help from NOAH.

Help for the whole person
There is no quick fix solution to homelessness. People become and
stay homeless for a number of reasons and, although an important
aspect of our work is finding permanent accommodation, simply putting
a roof over someone's head is rarely enough to correct the chain of
events that led them into homelessness in the first place.

NOAH works with the whole person to find permanent and individually
tailored pathways out of homelessness. Our support is offered to both
homeless and severely excluded people at a pace and level suited to
each individual.
Our support ranges from a hot meal and medical care to NVQ accredited
training and we continue to provide this support long after permanent
accommodation has been found.

To find out more about our work and the people we support, our Our
Work and Our Mission & Vision pages are a great place to start.
+44 (0)7786 952037
http://tonygosling.blip.tv/
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung