Re: 69p to £1.29 flour price hike

mail at vegburner.co.uk mail at vegburner.co.uk
Sat Dec 18 12:24:45 GMT 2010

I, like most other people I guess, also think our current political and economic system are massively disfunctional.

The system we use to manage our production and distribution of goods and services (economy) has many flaws. Foremost in my mind are
- growing inequality compounded by wealth being handed down through the generations,
- enviromental and social costs not being sufficiently accounted
- ruthlessness being promoted due to competition being rewarded and being inefficient compared to people co-operating.

Our representive democracy is a joke, hijacked by the interests of wealth through lobbying, campaign donations and back handers.

Id agree that meaningfull reformation of our political and economic systems appears a monumental task and that a useful way forward appears to instead begin to create alternatives - socieites/organisations that opperate differently.

For politics I like the idea of direct democracy and found much of interest in-
E-democracy
Participatory budgeting
Inclusive democracy (also covers economics)
peoplesassemblies,org

For economics -
Participatory economics
The guild system of economics (what existed before industrialised capitalism-pr)

Ive become interested and invollved in the efforts detailed at http://cotw.cc which is using the power of cutting edge internet technologies to foster collaboration addressing resilience, sustainability etc. in all spheres of society.

Best
Darren

-- I sent this from my 3 mobile --