Badger Trust wins appeal against cull plans

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Jul 13 10:40:19 BST 2010

Hooray!

Anybody who thinks there was a genuine scientific point to this cull
please feel free to enlighten us
But I won't hold my breath
more here
http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/program/43724

Tony

Badger Trust wins appeal against cull plans

13 July 2010 | By Alistair Driver, Jack Davies
http://www.farmersguardian.com/home/livestock/livestock-news/badger-trust-wins-appeal-against-cull-plans/33077.article

THE Badger Trust has won it's appeal against the High Court's refusal
to grant a judicial review on badger culling.

The annoucement was made at the Royal Courts of Justice in London this morning.

The next steps for the Welsh Assembly are not yet clear, but it is
likely to add further delays as Ministers could now be forced to
undergo a full legal review of the poicy before it can begin culling.

Elin Jones, the Minister for rural affairs, said: "I am disappointed
with this judgement particularly as the court recognises the serious
impact that bovine TB is having in Wales and the need to tackle the
disease. We will now need to consider the judges' decision in detail
before deciding our next steps.

"It is however clear that if we don't tackle all sources of infection
we will not eradicate it. Farmers, their families and our rural
communities are suffering from the devastating consequences of this
disease and I remain committed to its eradication."
+44 (0)7786 952037
http://tonygosling.blip.tv/
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung