Mon 12Jul LONDON National Seminar on Social and Affordable Housing

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Jun 30 20:39:49 BST 2010

>WHAT FUTURE FOR SOCIAL AND AFFORDABLE HOUSING?
>
>PLANNING, TAKING DECISIONS AND ACHIEVING PROGRESSION NOW FOR ALL COMMUNITIES
>
>  Day fee - £345.00
GENEROUS NEGOTIATED DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR
VOLUNTARY AND COMMUNITY ORGANISATIONS AND FOR MULTIPLE BOOKINGS.

> [...]
>
>·        Kristan Livingston, Head of Asset
>Strategy, East Riding of Yorkshire Council
>
>·        David Ireland, Chief Executive, Empty Homes Agency (EHA)
>
>·        Bernadette Conroy, Chair, Poplar HARCA,Tower Hamlets
>
>·        Graham Russell, Executive Director,
>Commission for Rural Communities (CRC)
>
>·        Professor Duncan McLellan,  Director,
>Centre for Housing Research, St Andrews
>
>·        Richard Capie, Director of Policy and
>Practice, Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH)
>
>·        Rachael Tiffen, Public Sector Fraud Team, National Fraud Authority
>
>·        Ruth Davison,  Director of Campaigns
>and Neighbourhoods, National Housing Federation (NHF)
>

>Issues covered
>

>    * Where are we at, where are we going and how will we get there?
>    * How can we meet the rising housing needs
> of an increasing and ageing population?
>    * How best can we provide more social and affordable homes?
>    * What can we expect from the reform the
> Housing Revenue Account, self-financing offer?
>    * What can we learn from the Scottish experience?
>    * Can we deliver on targets and standards?
>    * Are we going to scrap regional Spatial
> Strategies and house building targets?
>    * Are we going to increase community land
> trusts and community land auctions?
>    * Can all new homes be zero carbon by 2016?
>    * What incentives are required for communities to agree to new homes?
>    * Can 95% of all social housing be of a decent standard by 2010?
>    * How much provision should be through
> public-private partnerships, council housing or housing associations?
>    * How large should be the role of private developers and landlords?
>    * How effective will programmes like
> Kickstart, Local Authority New Build and Housing Market Renewal?
>    * How best can we build homes, create both
> communities and places where people are actually proud to live?
>    * How can we raise standards of services for all residents?
>    * How are we tackling “long-term” vacant properties?
>    * How well are we creating the necessary
> infrastructure to create sustainable communities?
>    * How best can we address pockets of deprivation?
>    * How best can we meet the needs of marginalised and vulnerable people?
>    * How best can we achieve highest quality
> design in affordable homes in such times?
>    * Where can we hope to be in 10 years?
>

>How to Book
>
>To see the full programme, speaker biographies,
>venue information and booking
>details
><http://www.cppseminars.org.uk/site/dpb.cfm?do=ref&fldCPPSref=SAH/311&varDetProgBiog=det>Click
>Here
>
>There are discounts for voluntary and community
>organisations and for block bookings.
>
>For further information about The Centre for
>Public Policy Seminars please visit our
>website:  <http://www.cppseminars.org.uk>www.cppseminars.org.uk
>

>Please Note
>
>Any problems, please contact the Office on 01422

+44 (0)7786 952037
http://tonygosling.blip.tv/
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung