SatJun12 - Land Action on Sussex Downs

pandora turner circesfeast at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 25 11:31:28 BST 2010

Protest about closed Access land on Sussex Downs - please forward & email if you want any more info.
Kim t
--- On Tue, 25/5/10, downlanders <action4access at googlemail.com> wrote

Action For Access

Walking and working for a people’s
countryside
Walk Preview Notes for June
12th
Our next walk
includes a political action and requires you to attend not just for fun but to
give us your real aid and support.
This is the most
important walk we have done and we wish for maximum attendance. Bring your
friends, comrades, children, grandparents, cousins, and school friends.

The walk will
be on the Iford, Rodmell and Southease Downs on Saturday 12th June.
We will meet at 11.00am sharp at Southease rail station. The total walk will be
eight to nine miles, but there will be a natural break after 2.5 miles from
which people can return if they do not wish to cover the whole distance. There
will also be a later point from which a quicker return can be made.
The SECOND part of the walk will
traverse some of the most beautiful, tranquil and under-used Downland on the
central South Downs, including much aboriginal flowery down pasture, much of
which has SSSI (Site of Special Scientific Interest) status. The views are
absolutely gorgeous. Skylarks, Orchids, butterflies, and much that is buzzing,
scented, humming, creeping, furry, feathery, chirping and singing will be seen.
Maybe we’ll even sing a song too…
The FIRST part of the walk is more
important, though, and will involve an event on a lovely site which is statutory
Access Land, but from which the public are presently banned for wholly spurious
reasons.
We hope to
attract the media and to get as much publicity as possible for this
issue.
The political
event will not take too long and will involve absolutely no criminal activity,
harm to property or intrusive acts. Indeed, walkers can participate in the walk
without taking part in the event or entering the disputed Access Land site. We
want no confrontations, but we do want to make our case loudly and colourfully.
Please bring any banners your organisations may have (provided they are not
heavy and can be folded up so’s they don’t stop you enjoying the rest of the
walk). We want people to bring placards, too, and will give you details of
appropriate wording if you contact us. Bring fence-decorating materials, too.
Let’s make the fencing there like a mini-Greenham Common fence.
Bring
cameras. We want good film to be taken, for the event will work best for us if
it is comprehensively filmed.
Anti-social
landowners need to know that we will pursue abuses of progressive access law
until they are corrected.

The countryside does not belong to
the rich and selfish !!
The earth is a common treasury
!!
MEET 10.35am    SOUTHEASE
STATION Â  Â  Â  Â  p://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=southease+station&countryCode=GB#map=50.84259,0.0345|14|4&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:50.8306:0.03053:17|southease
 station|Southease, Lewes

TRAIN FROM
BRIGHTON  10.10am  Meet (with tickets) 10am by central coffee stall
From
 Lewes leaves 10.28

ACTION FOR ACCESS
walking and working for a people's countryside

AFFILIATED TO THE OPEN SPACES SOCIETY