THE COMMON AND THE FORMS OF THE COMMUNE

Darren Hill mail at vegburner.co.uk
Sat Oct 2 19:35:29 BST 2010

Pay to view (although I guess some academic libraries will have free
access) so I've not read any of it but guess it would be of interest to
academics (or others)  exploring the commons.

    THE COMMON AND THE FORMS OF THE COMMUNE

This issue brings together papers that tackle a series of problematics
which are formulated around the concepts of common, commune, community,
and communism, and which engage with the field of critical Marxism. The
discussions include the critique of property and commodity fetishism;
the relation between 'modes of production' and 'modes of subjectivity';
the rupture with a bourgeois political imaginary circumscribed by the
relation between public and private; and the antagonistic nature of
class as a process or composition. While an organizing aspiration has
been to stage an encounter between operaismo and Althusserian Marxism,
contributors complicate this divide by drawing from different
philosophical sources and bringing into existence a broader intellectual
plane within which these problematics can be situated.

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~db=all~content=g926309723