Setting precedents - but dark forces try to sink Luton plans

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Mon Oct 11 00:18:15 BST 2010

This is 'Smear of the Year' people...
Whilst fighting for the Organisation Workshop
(OW) in 2009/10 Marsh Farm Outreach were hit by
two scam court claims for big moneys....both at
the same time....but we're seeing them both off
believe....coz no matter how powerful you
are...you cant be wrong and strong...this is a
last ditch attempt to sink the OW ship before she
sails...watch this space for the full story as it emerges...ONE LOVE!!!
Glenn Jenkins

The ministry of pounds - EXCLUSIVE BY CHRISTINA JOHNSON
http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/News/Luton-News/The-ministry-of-pounds.htm
Published: 10/10/2010 07:30 - Updated: 09/10/2010 11:38

A contract worth more than £800,000 was awarded
to a community project by a Government minister
despite the organisation being in liquidation.

Liberal Democrat Minister Andrew Stunell
overturned the previous Government’s decision to
refuse the £839,000 sought for the Organisation
Workshop by project Marsh Farm Outreach CIC (MFO)
after campaigners from the project protested to him personally.

A contract was signed on October 1 between MFO
and the Marsh Farm Community Development Trust
(MFCDT) for the start of the workshop - which is
designed to create 67 jobs and new businesses - to begin three days later.

But the trust discovered a winding up order was
made against MFO on July 28 and, as a result, it
believes MFO ‘did not have authority to sign the contract’.

In law, liquidation is the process by which a
company is brought to an end, and the assets and
property of the company redistributed. It is also
sometimes referred to as winding up.

A statement released by the MFCDT, states the
trust and other agencies involved were not aware
of and had not been informed of this situation
prior to the signing of the contract which may
have implications for the delivery of the project
which has currently been suspended.

When Luton on Sunday tried to contact Mr Stunell,
who was appointed a Parliamentary Under-Secretary
of State in the Department for Communities and
Local Government in May, to ask him why he had
agreed to give this money to an organisation
which was in liquidation and whether he was aware
of the project’s status at the time of the
agreement, he was unavailable for comment.

On Wednesday, MFO was successful in their appeal
to have its winding up order rescinded at the
High Court in London, although on Friday the
Companies House website still has ‘in liquidation’ against the organisation.

Glenn Jenkins, a spokesman from the MFO, said:
“When it comes to us not being able to sign the
contract [because of the programme’s liquidation
status], that is not how we understand it. This
is because our bank accounts were not frozen.

“We have a brilliant working relationship with
the Marsh Farm Community Development Trust.

“We are preparing to re-sign the contract with
the trust and I hope and expect to have the
suspension lifted by Monday. They are absolutely
committed to take the project forward.

“We’ve had a lot of people trying to stop this
project happening but this is a unique project
which has never happened in the UK.

“It will give 67 unemployed people the
opportunity to create successful enterprises.
This situation is a complete distraction.” A
Communities and Local Government spokeswoman,
said: “We have been made aware that Marsh Farm
Outreach were in the High Court on Wednesday
facing a winding up order and that Luton
NDC(MFCDT) suspended the contract to begin the
Organisational Workshop project whilst this matter is settled.

We are awaiting further information on the
circumstances behind this.” When asked why the
department had previously stopped the money for
funding, a spokeswoman said: “We can’t say any
more than this.” On Wednesday Marsh Farm
Community Development Trust (MFCDT) released a
statement saying: ‘A contract was signed on
October 1 by Marsh Farm Outreach CIC (MFO) and
MFCDT with the project beginning on October 4.

‘It has since come to light that a Winding Up
Order was made against MFO on July 28, 2010 and,
as a result, MFCDT believes MFO did not have authority to sign the contract.

‘MFCDT and the other agencies involved were not
aware of or had been informed of this situation
prior to the signing of the contract.

‘MFCDT understands that MFO has been to the High
Court today appealing to have their Winding Up
Order rescinded. We are awaiting official notification of the decision.

‘These developments may have implications for the
delivery of the Organisation Workshop project
which has now been suspended pending
consideration by MFCDT and the other agencies involved.

‘They will also take into account the decision by
the High Court and the Insolvency Office.’

+44 (0)7786 952037
http://tonygosling.blip.tv/
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung