[Diggers350] Sid at Glastonbury

Birmingham baskets Herimats at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 6 13:09:44 BST 2010

There was actually a plan to provide sufficient tobacco .  suppied by a slightly questionable possible fraud operated by Coventry Diggers. Sid negotiated with chap who could supply a lot of sandwiches, but pulled out when he started talking about corrugated iron enclaves to protect the other stuff he wanted to sell, in order to give away the sandwiches.
Sadly this cause a bit of a hiccup in the transport availibility , which together with  various attempts to steal the whole lot. It all ended up in my Mum's airing cupboard and attic.

 Strangely we all dont smoke now. and its seems bad to have encouraged people to smoke ( or indeed to eat the hot dogs, som eof which were strangely obtained)
My Dad and his mates sold it at various factories over a couple of months and we used the money to pay for  a small boat we had sent to Dorinish and  put out a news issue that tried to set the record straight following some distrust between  us ( sid and me )  and the people at BIT

Some of it lasted a long time mu mun was still trying to sell Henri Wintermans Cigars two years later.
I still have a cheque book in  the name of British Gnome Stores, that was central to some of the financial meanderings.

I think its ok to start to let tales like this  to get aired.... There was a reunion on Sat on Cove and some of are still finding out othere parts of the same stories after all of this years. And some of the main people arent about any more.

Ps Sid was very concerned about the boat  , the choppy waters was only two inches below the top edge of it when in use..

Once again  we are sponsoring the World Of Willow at Chatsworth Country Fair .September 2010  Our 10th years.

It is also 150th anniversary of Cooperative Basketmaking. Watch out for our Back to Baskets Campaign supporting cleaner communities.