Sat02Oct - LONDON - former spy Annie Machon talk

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Sep 29 18:56:09 BST 2010

Sat2Oct London Annie Machon talk

New Talk by MI5 Whistleblower, Annie Machon:

Venue: The Southwark Playhouse,
Date: Saturday, 2 October 2010
Time: 15:00
Place: The Southwark Playhouse: http://www.southwarkplayhouse.co.uk/
Event: "Boiling Frogs", a new play by Steven Bloomer

Time: 16:30 - followed by a talk by Annie Machon, MI5 whistleblower and
civil liberties campaigner:

http://boilingfrogslondon.wordpress.com/2010/08/26/boiling-frogs-post-
show-talks/

Annie writes:

On the final day of the play's run, I'll be giving a talk at the
Southwark Playhouse between the matinee and evening performances of
"Boiling Frogs". My talk is part of a series of post-play presentations
from well-known civil liberties activists - an interesting new approach
to campaigning and raising awareness!

Drawing on my experiences as a former MI5 intelligence
officer-turned-whistleblower, my talk is called "Are we there yet?" and
focuses on how far down the path towards a police state the UK has moved.

I'll be at the play (starts 3pm) and then speaking at 4.30. The talk is
free, although obviously it would be great if you come to watch the play
too!

If you're around next weekend, it would be lovely to see you for a catch
up during one of my all-too-rare incursions into the UK. After the
matinee and the talk, from 5.30 I'll available for a chat and a catch-up
in the Shipwrights Arms, which is right next to the Playhouse on
Bermonsey Road: http://bit.ly/9aUBBD.

Do come along if you can!

Regards

Annie x

www.anniemachon.com

DETAILS:
The Factory's new production:

"Boiling Frogs" by Steven Bloomer

THE RULES OF THE GAME HAVE CHANGED
<http://t.ymlp48.com/uhsmavamjqakawjujazahsy/click.php>

CLICK HERE TO BOOK
<http://t.ymlp48.com/uhsbadamjqaoawjujanahsy/click.php>
(Tickets £8-£18 - Book early for £8 tickets)
Or call the Box Office on 020 7407 0234

The first full length new play to be developed, workshopped, and
produced by The Factory.

"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 19.

Inspired by the picnic protests held in Parliament Square between
2005-2007, the action unfolds against a background of ongoing
natural disasters, public riots and the introduction of capital
punishment for terrorists.

"Boiling Frogs" pits a small group of imaginative citizens against
the state as, armed only with fancy dress, blank banners, and
a keen eye for semantics, they attempt to reclaim freedom of speech
for all.

Performed by a revolving cast of nine Factory actors, "Boiling
Frogs" continues to explore the company's unique artistic ambitions
whilst offering audiences a brand new production with a completely
different performance guaranteed every single night.

Written by Associate Member Steven Bloomer
Directed by Artistic Director Alex Hassell
Set, props, costume and poster art designed and painted by the
artist Pochoir

POST SHOW EVENTS
To complement this production The Factory are excited to
announce a series of post-show events on liberty and legislation with
some brilliant guest speakers including:

Henry Porter, Mark Barrett, Champa Patel, Roger Smith, Dr Nafeez
Ahmed and Annie Machon.

A full line up with dates, times and topics is available on
our facebook:

<http://t.ymlp48.com/uhshafamjqagawjujacahsy/click.php> page
and on the web here:

<http://t.ymlp48.com/uhswaaamjqaxawjujaiahsy/click.php>

Each event will last approx. half an hour. Entry is free,
regardless of attendance at that evening's performance.

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US

"The super cool company"
The Independent

"as unforgettable and moving as any theatre I've seen."
The Guardian

"Groundbreaking"
BBC Radio 3

"the most innovative, daring team producing regularly in London"
Spoonfed

"heart-in-the-mouth theatre, unbearably poignant, unrepeatable"
The Evening Standard

"what you're seeing is a never-to-be-repeated, unique moment
of magic"
Time Out

+44 (0)7786 952037
http://tonygosling.blip.tv/
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung