Out-of-town shopping malls suffer as fuel price deters shoppers

chris morton crisscross at evendine.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Apr 10 07:32:23 BST 2011

Paul

as you may recall I have been advocating that energy content replaces
arbitrary/manipulated money value as a base for currency for a decade
or more. However it needs changing to over a long period eg 20 years
by a progressive tax on energy content, not overnight. Introducing it
randomly like this will just lead to one of the kleptocracies' other
long term preoccupations: war, as has already happened in Iraq and
Libya where I believe there are oil reserves, Afghanistan where
transit is needed and slavering over Iran and lining up over arctic
and other offshore.

Chris