J15 MLK Day

marknbarrett at googlemail.com marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 25 16:42:41 GMT 2011

Everybody, THIS IS HAPPENING. Announcing the
 #J15 MLK Day Worldwide Candlelight Vigil For Change. Commit
 with us HERE.
 Share what you're doing on facebook
http://on.fb.me/t19GpC  and twitter @J15global. See the list of amazing people signed on in just 24hrs below. Commit to do something today. Post the thumbnail as your profile pic, share the FB page, and send this email to everyone you know. We're just about to get this out big time from NYC.
#J15

Worldwide Candlelight Vigil to Unite Movements for a Better World

MLK, Jr. Day, January 15, 7pm in every time zone globally!

On his birthday and in the spirit of Dr. King’s vision for racial and economic equality, peace, and non-violence, we are holding candlelight vigils at 7pm in each time zone to unite our world in a global movement for systemic change.

On January 15, wherever we may be, whether in our homes, in city squares, online, Occupies, places of worship, or at work, we lift a beautiful message high above the political dialogue. We light the dream of a more equitable world in our hearts. We can overcome!

Dr. King said, “A true revolution of values will soon look uneasily on the glaring contrast of poverty and wealth. With righteous indignation, it will look across the seas… and say: "This is not just."

We gather to empower a great and global dream, a dream we have all dreamt of for thousands of years. We will sing, because “freedom songs are the soul of the movement.” Together, we will make the dream a reality.

SignatoriesNorman Siegel
Pete Seeger
K'naan
Esra'a El Shafei
Stephan Said
Joan Baez
Steve Earle
Reza Aslan
Sol Guy
Michael Hardy
Danny Goldberg
Ramy Essam
Benjamin Barber

Tao Rodriguez-Seeger
Alphonzo Terrell
Malik
Aaron Black
Hall Powell
Anushay Said
Monica Willard
Kristin Reed

Michelle McElroy
Vanessa Ramos
Amy Melson
Wylie Stecklow
Joan Wile
Kristin Andreassen
Ebenezer Bond
Justin Wedes
Leila Said Gutowski
more ...

  --Stephan SaidMusician, Founder, difrent.orgemail: stephan at difrent.orgcell: 646.361.8835twitter: @stephansaidwww.stephansaid.comwww.difrent.org_______________________________________________ n-1 working group: https://n-1.cc/pg/groups/104127/take-the-square-international/ Squares mailing list Squares at lists.takethesquare.net for unsubscribe/etc: https://lists.takethesquare.net/mailman/listinfo/squares or Squares-owner at lists.takethesquare.net
Sent from phone