[Diggers350] Hocus pocus corporations

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Mon May 30 00:20:38 BST 2011

In the mid-1800s, corporations began to be
recognized as individuals by U.S. courts,
granting them unprecedented rights. The
Corporation, a documentary by filmmakers Mark
Achbar and Jennifer Abbott and author Joel Bakan, delves into that legal...

full documentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxAJ4g84xzE

part 1 only
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V3kFFPqRCE

At 18:04 29/05/2011, you wrote:

>  “.HOCUS`POCUS” – SERIOUSLY
>

>Incorporation –from which society suffers
>agonies to-day,   is a kind of bastard Christianity .
>
>“Hoc est corpus meum” – “this is my body” puts
>in-corp-oration at the centre of  Christian
>doctrine   - the teaching that the church is the body of Christ.
>
>Christ is the head of the body and all are
>invited to be incorporated a second time- now
>spiritually, each becoming  the arms and legs or
>contribute their talents for the greater good
>with membership and benefits open to all .
>
>Incorporation is no mere religious phenomena-
>that would be to underestimate it,- but has
>jumped off the pages of the letter to
>the  Corinthian church to become the first
>multinational, with HQ in Rome, with branches in
>every parish in every country., and like it or
>lump it, with all its faults a 2,000 year old
>success.  What we know of as corporations are
>Christian corporations degenerate, JC replaced
>by CEO’s  and  cupiditas replacing caritas –
>greed replacing love for humanity.  This
>suggests that  a new clause urgently needs to be
>inserted as the first article of association of
>each  registered company,  “ The first aim of
>this association is to serve the best interests
>of all people , not to harm them. ” - something
>like the SPQR motto of the
>ancient  Romans-  “Senatus et Populus Quirinale
>Roma” – “for (the good of)  the people and
>district of Rome.”   Commercial corporations are
>now just  the husk of the first great corporate
>institution which brought forth the civilization
>of western Europe -  with the ethics knocked out
>of it.   It almost makes you want to be religious.
>

>    JA

+44 (0)7786 952037
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry/
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung