Fwd: [Squares] Occupy Manchester

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 8 16:35:37 BST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Today I made contact with the guys at Occupy Manchester. They are camped in
a small garden caled the Peace gardens, near the Town Hall (M60 2LA) -which
was the area of the Peterloo Massacre which occurred in 1819, when cavalry
charged into a crowd of 60,000–80,000 that had gathered to demand the reform
of parliamentary representation. There are about 16 tents with about 25
people, and more people arrive during the day. Quite a lot of support from
local people, food being provided, and some donations. A couple of policemen
came through and we chatted to them about the restrictions on them
expressing any political opinions. While I was there we set up a  gazebo
with a table to give info to passers by about the public meeting happenng
tomorrow 1.0'clock at the gardens, everyone welcome. There is quite a buzz
of excitement around, and it feels like a  good beginning.

Anna

Apathy is Dead
http://www.flickr.com/photos/solarider/5254770064/#/photos/solarider/5254770064/lightbox/