Metal thefts

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Tue Oct 18 09:09:09 BST 2011

Continued demand and problems with supply keep scrap metal prices climbing. As
an illustration in the complex unravelling of social systems as we begin to
experience the growing economic pressures of the "Limits to Growth", recent
incidents provide a rather dour example of how trends might develop in the
future.

Irrespective of how they might try to protect it, the cost implications of
securing the system mean you can't physically run the infrastructure of
technological society if people keep nicking parts of it!:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14335929
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15346864
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-14923842
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-14934275

:-(

P.

- --

.

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul's book, "Energy Beyond Oil", is out now!
For details see http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ebo/

Read my 'essay' weblog, "Ecolonomics", at:
http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ecolonomics/

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey-2011.asc