NO TESCO PARTY Friday 13th April at PRSC. Help pay Council Fine. WIN A BANKSY!

PRSC tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Apr 4 13:28:10 BST 2012

  Visit us at number 35, Jamaica Street in the heart of Stokes Croft.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
<http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c2f5474528ebe527dbeb26ef1&id=48fb8d82f3&e=fb78188af5>View
it in your browser.
[]

[]

2500+ people signed petitions. 100s
protested,campaigned, marched, painted & danced.

Riots took place.

  The No Tesco in Stokes Croft Campaign took Bristol City Council to court.

Despite exposing the flawed planning process, the Council won.

Nearly £2500 costs were awarded against the No Tesco Campaign.

This is how the news was received in the Council Chamber:

"On prompting from Cllr Kent - the officer in
charge stated that, because the protesters
didn't have any insurance, they were therefore liable for ALL the costs....

The only one who didn't seem to find this amusing was Cllr Stevenson -
most of the others found it hilarious... "

HELP US TO PAY THE FINE TOGETHER.
TOGETHER, WE ARE STRONGER

TO SETTLE THIS ACCOUNT, WE ANNOUNCE

AN EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION OF 250 "I PAID THE FINE"

BONE CHINA MUGS TO BE SOLD AT £12 EACH .

WHEN WE SELL ALL 250 MUGS, THE COMMUNITY OF STOKES CROFT

WILL HAVE PAID THE COUNCIL'S FINE, BY SELLING LOCALLY PRODUCED WARE.

IPAIDTHEFINEMOCKUPWEB.jpg

*PLUS* WITH EVERY MUG BOUGHT YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN

1 OF THE LAST 12 ORIGINAL BANKSY PETROL BOMB POSTERS

(Currently on eBay at £125)

banksy-print.jpg

DOORS 7:30 PM FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED . . .

SHOW SOLIDARITY, GET A PIECE OF STOKES CROFT HISTORY.

MAYBE WIN A BANKSY!

AND HAVE A PARTY! MUSIC! FORNICATION! DRUGS! RIOTS! MAYHEM!*
The Occasional Cinema screening "TESCO FILMS"
Goodbye Tesco closing ceremony with Councillor Gus Hoyt

Friday 13th April 7.30pm ONWARDS
AT PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF STOKES CROFT, 35 JAMAICA STREET

<http://prsc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c2f5474528ebe527dbeb26ef1&id=5491164d70&e=fb78188af5>www.prsc.org.uk
www.notescoinstokescroft.org.uk * Maybe

THE NO TESCO CAMPAIGN IN PICTURES

[]

Shortly after it was announced that Tesco had
bought the lease on the former Jesters Comedy
Club and gained planning permission incognito,
community activists squatted the building. Our
Police found themselves in the invidious position
of facilitating the actions of Tesco Bailiffs,
against the will of local people.

[]

Surveys were done. 2500 protests were delivered to our Council,
importuning them to recognise that a Tesco branch
in Stokes Croft was wholly inappropriate.

[]

Marching and protest took place. Campaigners
worked within the clearly flawed planning system
to stop the supermarket's encroachment into Stokes Croft.

[]

Artists painted. The Council failed to listen to the People.

[]

Riots took place.

[]

In the usual messy way that riots manifest themselves, damage was caused.

[]

Despite a year of continual and sustained
protest, our elected representatives failed the
many people who sought to safeguard the uniquely
independent area that is Stokes Croft.

The No Tesco Campaign took Bristol City Council
to Judicial Review after their failure to back
the Community. We lost the case, and nearly £2500
costs were awarded against the No Tesco campaign.

This is how the news was received in the Council Chamber:

"On prompting from Cllr Kent - the officer in
charge stated that, because the protesters
didn't have any insurance, they were therefore liable for ALL the costs....

The only one who didn't seem to find this amusing was Cllr Stevenson -
most of the others found it hilarious... "

HELP US TO PAY THIS SHAMEFUL FINE
BUY A BEAUTIFUL MUG ON FRIDAY 13th APRIL at PRSC
<http://prsc.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c2f5474528ebe527dbeb26ef1&id=583162ea26&e=fb78188af5>
<http://prsc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c2f5474528ebe527dbeb26ef1&id=2a5d7eb12e&e=fb78188af5>follow
on Twitter |
<http://prsc.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c2f5474528ebe527dbeb26ef1&id=3e8e2b86c1&e=fb78188af5>friend
on Facebook |
<http://us2.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=c2f5474528ebe527dbeb26ef1&id=48fb8d82f3&e=fb78188af5>forward
to a friend
Copyright © 2012 Peoples Republic of Stokes Croft, All rights reserved.
You have been sent this e-mail as we believe you
have expressed an interest in PRSC.
Our mailing address is:
Peoples Republic of Stokes Croft
35 Jamaica Street,