Forest of Dean Wilderness Centre appeal target reached

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Apr 17 01:57:21 BST 2012

Forest of Dean Wilderness Centre bid ready
30 March 2012 Last updated at 06:28
The Wilderness Centre was closed by the county council last August.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-17551154
Campaigners wanting to save a disused
environmental education centre in the Forest of
Dean say they are in a position to make a bid to buy it.
Gloucestershire County Council closed the
Wilderness Centre at Mitcheldean last August because of budget cuts.
Friends of the Wilderness said it has raised
enough finance to persuade the council to sell it to them.
It will present a bid, which includes pledges of
"hundreds of thousands of pounds", at Shire Hall later.
Spokesman for Friends of the Wilderness, Trevor
Roach, said: "I'm optimistic we can come to an
agreement that satisfies the county's needs to
draw in funds to meet its budget challenge, but
at the same time is at a price that we can afford
and leaves us with a bit of capital to reinvest
in refurbishing the basics of the centre."
'Peppercorn rent'
The county council had given the group "the sole
option to place a bid" by the end of this month
if it could raise sufficient funds.
Two local businessmen - John Thurston, chairman
of Watts Group, and Brian Bennett, chairman of
Vantage Point business village - are understood
to have pledged "six-figure sums" to the campaign group.
A further £14,000 has been raised through donations from members of the public.
Mr Roach said if the bid is successful the centre
would be owned by Mr Thurston and Mr Bennett and
be leased for a "peppercorn rent" to a new company that would run it.
Educational work at the centre would be set up as
a Community Interest Company (CIC), he said.
The site is currently occupied by members of
another campaign group, Protect the Wilderness,
who say they want to keep the centre open to the public.
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6