[TheLandIsOurs] scandalous housing

david bangs dave.bangs at virgin.net
Mon Apr 30 21:22:11 BST 2012

Your own housing history is shockingly illustrative, James. Well said.

The description you give from 1964 is not an example of a functioning housing market, though, given that half of the housing supply was council housing, and the local authority was intervening to make mortgages more available.

You draw a perverse conclusion...Your facts suggest that wot is needed is a revival of a major public housing programme...not the bonkers housing market,

Dave