New ONS wealth report

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Mon Dec 3 17:32:40 GMT 2012

See report at --
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171776_289407.pdf
(and the South East digest,
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp29904_289676.pdf )

See YouTube animation at --
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGdRM3C_wjc

Grauniad analysis at --
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/dec/03/richest-10-uk-households-40-per-cent-wealth-ons

The key points are:

# The wealthiest tenth of households owned more than 40% of overall
wealth and were over 850 times wealthier than the least wealthy tenth of
households

# A household required total wealth greater than £967,000 to belong to
the wealthiest 10% of the distribution

# The south-east of England had the highest percentage of ‘wealthy’
households

# Over half of the combined wealth held by the top 10% of households was
private pension wealth

P.

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey_public_key-2013.asc