[Diggers350] TLIO: re-foundation, money, and ethics [1 Attachment]

david bangs dave.bangs at virgin.net
Wed Dec 5 08:16:35 GMT 2012

I will just take up one of the points Mark makes, at this stage.

I did NOT "propose we cast a vote  proposing the formation of a transitional
group to liaise with the TLIO core group to form a new Steering Group to
take charge of TLIO".

For good or for bad, that is absolutely NOT what I proposed.

My proposal was that  "we elect a new steering committee, with a ceiling of
ten members, to take TLIO through to the next stage in its refoundation".

In fact, I made no mention of liaison with the core group wotsover, and
assumed that the core group ceased to have any executive role at the point
of the vote to replace it with a democratic successor body.

What other function could  the core group have than to hand over the assets
and resources of the organisation to its democratic successor body, as
happens in any decent trade union, tenants association, sports club, or
local council ??

For information, I declined to be part of that new steering group. My family
and personal projects are my present priority.

Dave Bangs