Stop War this Saturday plus Media Lens alert to overt Iran catastrophe

Alison Banville alisonbanville at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 18:38:05 GMT 2012

Sat 28 January 2pm-4pm Picket at US Embassy: No western intervention in Iran or Syria
21 December 2011 National Events
Stop the War on Iran before it starts
Protest and Rally Saturday 28 January 2pm-4pm
US Embassy Grosvenor Square London W1
Hands Off Iran and Syria: No Western intervention
Called by Stop the War Coalition, supported by Unite union, War on Want, Palestine Solidarity Campaign, Campaign against Sanctions and Military Intervention on Iran (CASMII), Friends of Al-Aqsa, Goldsmiths Student Union and SOAS Student Union.
Speakers include: Tony Benn, Salma Yaqoob, Roger Lloyd Pack, Jeremy Corbyn MP, Abbas Edalat, Lindsey German, Sabah Jawad, Andrew Murray
The growing threats against Iran in recent weeks have been backed up with increased sanctions. As we know from Iraq, these are a prelude to war, not an alternative to it. There are signs of covert intervention already in Iran, as there are in Syria. Stop the War opposes all military intervention from the west in the region, for which there is absolutely no justification.
We will be gathering outside the US embassy, Grosvenor Square, London W1 on Saturday 28 January from 2-4pm. Please support the protest and rally if you can.
http://stopwar.org.uk/index.php/action-a-events/national-events/1004-sat-28-january-2pm-4pm-picket-at-us-embassy-no-western-intervention-in-the-middle-east

How the media is legitimising war with Iran as if Iraq never happened
26 January 2012 NewsUnspun Iran
There is no more evidence that Iran is developing nuclear weapons than there was for Iraq's weapons of mass destruction but that hasn't stopped the media stoking the flames of war.
http://stopwar.org.uk/index.php/iran/1074-how-the-media-is-legitimising-war-with-iran-as-if-iraq-never-happened