Welfare for the Super rich: mind boggling EXTENT of CAP subsidies

marksimonbrown tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Fri Jul 6 12:32:08 BST 2012

Talking of labouring a point in semantics, the
leaflet we were doing on CAP has veered off into
a ditch.  This after nigh on 12/13 different
drafts.  James wrote the original, which he will
still be circulating at the Tolpuddle Martyrs
festival next weekend, written in his name only.

Our last draft actually omitted the main stats on
the EXTENT of subsidies - (which was actually the
original point of the leaflet).

In the UK, huge annual C.A.P. payments and other financial aid went out to -

- the Duke of Buccleuch £549,000, the Duke of
Westminster £532,144, Lord Carrington £149,000,
to MP's, for example Richard Drax MP got £417,846
in financial year 2010-11, to dukes, earls
 to Prince Charles £581,000

H.M.Queen was paid £1,183,508 C.A.P. over 2 years
(08 & 09) for privately-owning Sandringham.

Tate and Lyle received Euros 829,975,239 in
payments between 1999 and 2011 (source: farmsubsidies.org)

  In 2010, 709 UK recipients got more than
£250,000, 133 were given at least £500,000 and 47
received more than a million pounds.

--- In TheLandIsOurs at yahoogroups.com, Tony Gosling <tony at ...> wrote:

 > Yes and unknowingly means not knowing how much of
 > their money goes on subsidies.
 > Almost everyone knows that agriculture is
 > subsidised but very few know by how much, so I'm
 > suprised you feel it necessary to labour a point
 > of semantics in what was a useful contribution from James.
 > James is constantly banging on rightly about the
 > big recipients of subsidy such as the crown
and long may he continue to do so.