Please contibute to new online magazine - The Future of Occupy

mark jagdev tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Jul 11 01:04:31 BST 2012

Thanks for getting in touch with us at The Future of Occupy!
http://thefutureofoccupy.org/

Here are our editorial criteria:
    * Pertinent to the evolution of the movement
and its capacity to meet challenges and
opportunities of increasing scale. That criteria
especially includes content related to enhancing
our capacity to deal with the complexity of larger issues.
    * Presenting new solutions to pressing problems facing humanity.
    * References to the commons, reclaiming the
commons, commons-based peer-production,
commons-based society, which we consider a key
element of a sustainable, people-powered future.
    * Raising public awareness about the
significance and strategic options of the
structural changes that society is going through, with fresh perspectives.
    * Reflecting the movement’s potential to
advance the building of new institutions capable
to overcome the democracy deficit of the current
establishment. Ref from
<http://thefutureofoccupy.org/about/our-point-of-view/>Our Point of View.
We are happy to
    * very simply promote TLIO particularly if it
has an upcoming event you would like occupiers to
come to like we did here for
<http://thefutureofoccupy.org/2012/03/spring-gathering-of-the-reclaim-the-fields-uk-activists/>Reclaim
the Fields.
    * Think of or find a piece of writing that
meets one of our editorial criteria above curated
for occupy readers and including TLiO.
Both suggestions could strengthen
links/collaboration between TLiO and Occupy, at a
time when Occupy is looking for ways to reach out
and connect with others. Additionally if there
are other ways you think you could get involved
with us including any of the ways
<http://thefutureofoccupy.org/get-involved/>here then please let me know.

http://thefutureofoccupy.org/get-involved/

Get Involved

You are warmly invited to get involved with our mission:

To serve the self-organizing collective
consciousness and intelligence of the movement,
and the co-creativity of Occupiers everywhere.

You can help us achieve this mission by getting
involved with what we do. Here are some steps,
moving from casual involvement to greater levels
of engagement. See which ones inspire you and get involved!!

1. Read and interact with our FoO Media, which
include blog posts, essays, videos, poems and art:
on the home page and in our magazine,
commenting and building conversations with others about them,
and sharing them to build further reflection across occupy.

2. Learn about our FoO Community and join here:
connect with fellow FoO occupiers,
propose new sub-working groups
open discussion forums,
and post updates in the activity feed.

3. Contact us and become a member of the FoO
Collective. Bring your imagination, talents and
energy to help us achieve the full potential of
this project contributing to the full potential
of the movement. Let us know if any of the following FoO roles appeal to you:
Facilitators – do you possess facilitation
skills, or want to learn how to effectively
facilitate community collaboration? Read more.
Geeks – with experience in WordPress, online
setups, or social networking customization, let
us know if you want to engage your tech skills
for furthering the Future of Occupy project. Read more.
Media Wizards – do you spend a fair bit of your
time on social media sites like Twitter &
Facebook? Are you good at spreading ideas, news
and other media around the web and generating
conversations in these channels? Read more.
Researchers – online research assistance in
finding news items that meet our editorial
inclusion criteria, and those resources that can
be researched in more detail in our FoO Community Groups. Read more.
Video Makers – with a keen eye for great short
video filming, with a perspective on capturing
thoughts and insights on the Future of Occupy. Read more.
Visual Artists – with a creative flair for
capturing reflections on the Future of Occupy and
sharing them on FoO. Read more.
Writers – if you have a passion for occupy, its
future and you enjoy writing with a view to
stirring the souls of your readers then please get in touch. Read more.

If any of these activities interest you, or you
think of others we didn’t think of yet – please
let us know here. Let’s co-create The Future of Occupy together!

Thanks

Mark Jagdev
Managing Editor at FoO