E-petition to remove Barclay's banking licence

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Sat Jun 30 17:36:12 BST 2012

   ++ please forward ++

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/35446

Withdraw Barclays' Banking Licence

Responsible department: Her Majesty's Treasury

Within a capitalist economy banks perform a vital function in facilitating
the production and exchange of goods and services. In return for fulfilling
this role responsibly they are allowed to hold a banking licences, which
brings them great benefits in terms of the ability to create money through
making loans. The systematic manipulation of the LIBOR value to serve its
business interests makes clear that Barclays is not a fit company to hold a
banking licence. We call upon the government to withdraw Barclays banking
licence.

- --

.

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul's book, "Energy Beyond Oil", is out now!
For details see http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ebo/

Read my 'essay' weblog, "Ecolonomics", at:
http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ecolonomics/

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey-2011.asc