10-13Jul2012 HUNGARY GEN Europe gathering

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Fri Jun 29 11:12:32 BST 2012

Costs a bit - but cheap tickets available
http://gen-europe.org/activities/gen-conference/index.htm
Great networking event - T

Global Ecovillage Network Conference 2012 10. Jul
2012 - 13. Jul 2012 at Eco-Valley Foundation (Hungary)
Grundtvig grants for adult education staff

Drive together &
save rescources

Find your lift or passenger
Offer a lift or announce your search for one

Ecovillages act as research and training centres
for sustainable development within wider society.
Alongside the abundance of networking
opportunities and the flow of inspiration within
and between participants, the hosting Eco-Valley
Foundation will serve as a living example and
field of practice for the themes of this year’s conference:
Global Scope of GEN – meeting engaged
GEN-networkers and learning from best practice
examples from all over the planet, including
GEN-Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Developments in GEN – an interactive map of
sustainability projects for the world; the first
Ecovillage Design Education courses in Senegal, Congo and South Africa

Villages in Transition to Resilience – how
traditional village networks can use
participatory design processes for the journey
towards a sustainable society; and ways of
reversing the trend towards urbanization.
Gaming - how to express our dedication to, and
love for, the world in quests, adventures and
shared journeys that are fun instead of hard work!!
Sustainable Economy - alternatives to the
prevalent growth model for creating resilient
local economies e.g. a community-wide currency,
developing fair trade relationships and more

Alternative Technology - hands-on experience and
the theoretical background to innovative
technologies that make a real difference
NextGEN  - The next generation in the Global
Ecovillage Network: involving youth and young adults in sustainable projects

More Workshops:
Beyond Consensus – Exploring Sociocracy and Holacracy
The Art of Recycling – Creating Beauty from Waste
(click here for a list of material to bring!)
Empowered Fundraising – Allowing funds to flow into Sustainability
Open Space: Opportunities to share as interest arises

Each day of the conference will start with talks
and project presentations, move into smaller
group conversations and then be followed by
Workshops and Open Space in small groups in the afternoon.

The conference will provide a multitude of
opportunities to get to know the other
participants and for informal exchange. Each
participant will also be a member of a Home Group
where they can touch base and deepen their experience each day.

The conference will be facilitated by Capra
Carruba, Robin Alfred and Kosha Joubert.
Our hosting partner community

Eco-Valley Foundation is based at the intentional
community of Krishna Valley in southwest Hungary.
The main purpose of the Eco-Valley Foundation is
to facilitate the sharing of practical
experience, education and collaboration with
academic research institutes regarding sustainability.

Krishna Valley with it's 140 inhabitants is
Hungary’s largest and most organized ecovillage
community. The 266 hectares of the Valley
situated 180 km southwest from the capital, have
been developed in ecologically sound ways since
1993. Right from the beginning the main principle
behind the development was self-sufficiency with
the help of common work, social development and traditional technologies.

Krishna Valley is self-sufficient in vegetables,
fruit, grains and honey. Other features are
renewable energy production (solar panels,
windmills), a reed bed water purification system,
a school and a Botanical Garden counting 950
species of trees and bushes. Based on the
religious background of the community, the
inhabitants dedicate their lives to develop a more sustainable future.

25-30.000 tourists visit the Valley annually.

You can see a short movie about Krishna Valley: here.
Prices

Conference Fee

Regular        400 Euro

Reduced       250 Euro (for students, unemployed, people on low income)

We have a bursary fund for those who could
otherwise not afford to attend, especially those
from Eastern Europe. With a bursary, we can
reduce your conference fee to 100-200 Euro. The
bursaries are given away on a
first-come-first-served basis. Please write to Ulrike to apply.
Food and Accommodation

A range of different accommodation options is
available both at Krishna Valley and at the
nearby village of Somogyvámos. Meals are organic
and vegetarian, most of the ingredients stem from the Krishna Valley Farm.

We offer accommodation options with a wide range
in standards and prices, from 124 Euro – 476 Euro
for bookings after May 31 June 30.

Make use of our early bookings reduction and book for the following prices!
         Regular Price   Reduced Price
Single Room Deluxe      396 Euro        284 Euro
Double Room, Own Bathroom       200 Euro        144 Euro
Shared Room, Communal Bathrooms 184 Euro        132 Euro
Dormitory or Own Tent   144 Euro        104 Euro

   for bookings made until May 31 June 30

Food and accommodation prices for Children:< 4
years    free (if they don't occupy a regular sleeping place)
4-14 years      75% discount
 > 15 years      full price

For more accommodation options, a detailed
description and pictures, go to our bookings website.

Prices include accommodation during the
conference (July 10-13), three organic vegetarian
meals a day, a WIFI point and computer and mobile
charger point. The prices do not include the conference fee.

All accommodation is within walking distance of the conference venue.

The reduced prices are for students, unemployed
and people on low income. GEN members get a
reduction of 5 Euro per night per person.

Please note that Krishna Valley has a no smoking
and no alcohol policy on their premises.
Traditional Hungarian pubs are at walking distance in the village Somogyvámos.
Registrations

Please go to our registrations website, get a
username and use the online registration form provided there.
Flyer

Download the PDF-Flyer to spread in your networks here

Grundtvig Grants

Those working in the field of adult education can
apply for a Grundtvig ‘Visits and Exchanges’
grant. For this, you need to be a teacher or
teacher trainer in the field of adult education.
This possibility is open to employees, freelancers and volunteers alike.

To be eligible for the grants you need to be a
National or Resident of a EU member state (except
Hungary), Turkey, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland,
Croatia, Macedonia or Liechtenstein.

These grants cover travel and visa costs, food
and accommodation as well as the conference fee.

Applications are to be written to the National
Agency of your country of residence.
To pre-register, click here

At 15:43 26/06/2012, frank gundry-white wrote:

>CALL FOR A EUROPEAN MEETING on COMMUNITY
>SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE (CSA) and other distribution systems for Food Sovereignty
>

><https://linksunten.indymedia.org/en/node/61087/>https://linksunten.indymedia.org/en/node/61087/

http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6