Forest of Dean occupied eco-school still going strong

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Mar 13 00:24:35 GMT 2012

Wilderness Centre Going Strong - Reclaim The Fields
http://indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/03/493399.html
Apok | 11.03.2012 17:11 | Ecology | Education | Social Struggles
The Wilderness Centre Reclamation is stronger
than ever, with people from the massively
successful Reclaim the Fields Gathering still at
the site, helping Protect The Wilderness hold the
space down, and defend it from the Council and
the friends in the Property Development "world".
Please come up and help us protect this centre,
and the surrounding land -which is absolutely
beautiful- come down as soon as you can. A wider
project is in the process of being born -more news on that soon!
This fight is FAR from over. We're holding
strong, Protect the Wilderness has gone all Robin
Hood on the Council and their thugs, we've been
busy building Treehouses and other defences to
help protect the Centre and the surrounding Eco-systems.
Thew whole community of the Forest of Dean wants
this centre to remain open, and for
Gloucestershire County Council to say "raise
£1million, and we'll talk to you", to the people
of the Forest, is insulting. This is OUR Centre,
OUR Forests and Wild Flower Meadows and OUR
education at stake. This sale, combined with that
of another rare habitat, Northern United Colliery
will set a precedent, opening The Forest of Dean,
up for a new wave of Privatisation and so called "Development".
We're are hosting skillshare events daily now, so
if you want to learn or share your skills with
the community, come on up whenever you can.
Treehouse building equipment -rope, wood, chains-
needed (especially wood) lets show the Council
that they can't just take our land, our education, and our rights.
STAND UP FORESTERS
They're trying to sell OUR Forests piece-by-piece
after we scared them off trying to sell it all in one go!

Campaigners 'breach court order' at Forest of Dean centre
BBC - 9 March 2012 Last updated at 17:33
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-17305852
Campaigners occupying a disused environmental
education centre in the Forest of Dean are
holding an event, despite a court order.
An injunction was issued on Monday to evict the
group from The Wilderness Centre, which was
closed last year by the county council.
Protect the Wilderness is holding a two-day anti-capitalist gathering.
Gloucestershire County Council said the group was
"in breach of the injunction, which is a criminal offence".
The group Protect the Wilderness claims the legal
process leading to the eviction was flawed and
their members intend to stay at the site.
Spokesman Thom Forester said: "The council's
legal case has so many holes in it and they've
ignored their own procedures and rushed it
through, and the judge just rubber stamped it."
The council closed the centre at Mitcheldean last
August because of budget cuts.

Barrier erected
About 12 protesters from Protect the Wilderness
have been occupying the property since January.
They say the site "belongs to the people" and
they want to reopen it to the public.
The Reclaim the Fields gathering, which began on
Thursday, says it is part of a movement which
aims to "reassume control over food production".
Protect the Wilderness said about 60 people had turned up to the event.
Some of them erected a barrier at the site in an
attempt to stop the group being evicted.
Ahead of the gathering Andrew McCartney from the
county council said: "We're pleased the court has
found in our favour on all accounts, that
includes an injunction preventing the planned
Reclaim the Fields spring gathering from going ahead.
"We will now be working with the court bailiffs
and the police to take the next steps and remove the squatters from the site.
"We hope that they will adhere to this order and
leave the site peacefully as promised."
A separate campaign group, Friends of the
Wilderness, challenged the council's decision to
close the centre last year in the High Court, but the challenge failed.
It is currently in discussions with the council
about buying the centre with a view to reopening it.

Related Stories
Wilderness Centre appeal launched 16 FEBRUARY 2012, GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Group takes over education centre 10 JANUARY 2012, GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Centre sell-off plans 'are legal' 03 NOVEMBER 2011, GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Sell-off plan for outdoor centre 19 MAY 2011, GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Outdoor education set to change 12 MAY 2011, GLOUCESTERSHIRE

http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6