Mon11Jun - LONDON - Stories of Land & Liberty

Adam Payne AdamPayne_5 at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 15:46:38 BST 2012

You are warmly invited to Land & Liberty!

An evening
of stories about communities fighting for control of their food systems

Come and join a group of London
food-growers and eaters for an evening of stories and discussion.

The evening will begin with presentations by London
growers who have worked with communities struggling to take control of their
food systems in Ljubljana-Slovenia, Jayyous-Palestine,
 Chiapas- Mexico,
and Havana-Cuba.

We will then move into discussions based around the
questions of what we can learn from
these stories? How the methods described can be relevant to our own organising
and food growing? And what
these stories inspire us to do?

This will be
followed by a plant and seed exchange, a chance to catch up with summer and fill
up the garden, or catch up on chat and fill up the imadgination.

We hope to see you
there!

Programme for the
evening:

6pm Community
Dinner (come and eat food from London
community gardens; cooked by Food Fight)

7pm Story presentations

8pm Discussion

9pm Plant & seed exchange

All at Pogo Cafe. 76, Clarence
 Rd, E5 8HB

On Monday 11th June 6 - 9.30pm

Reclaim the Fields, PEDAL, Community Food Growers Network,
Food Fight

www.reclaimthefields.org

www.100daystopalestine.org

www.cfgn.org.uk

www.pogocafe.co.uk

Organiclea Community
Growers

'A workers' cooperative growing food on London's edge'

www.organiclea.org.uk

020 8524 4994 (Hawkwood Plant Nursery site)

GROWING SITE: Hawkwood Plant Nursery, Chingford E4 7UH [Open workdays:

Tuesdays, Thursday afternoons, Fridays and last Sunday of the month.]

Support local food production, get skilled and receive food growing

advice, training and project support.

DISTRIBUTION HUB: Hornbeam Centre, 458 Hoe Street. E17 9AH tel: 020 8558 6880

Join our mid-week box scheme & visit our Saturday market stall here, 10-3