City cops targeted Occupy as if they were terrorists

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sun Nov 18 13:28:57 GMT 2012

a year or so on it might be helpful to remind us
all that the police equated Occupy London camp
with terror attacks on the Minsk underground that
killed 15 people and wounded hundreds
Occupy has now become a much wider movement of
like minded people doing what we used to do

Occupy Movement in New Bath Protest at Royal Crescent
http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/Occupy-movement-new-Bath-protest-Royal-Crescent/story-17330700-detail/story.html

Still focussed on London in the UK the idea will not and can not go away
You can follow what's happening & contribute here www.occupynewsnetwork.co.uk
www.youtube.com/user/OccupyNewsNetworkUK
www.facebook.com/OccupyNewsNetworkUK
http://twitter.com/OccupynnUK
And listen to this Occupy London, Ownership to
Stewardship http://radio4all.net/index.php/program/64350
Tony

Occupy London's anger over police 'terrorism' document
A notice sent out to businesses in the City of
London has listed the protest movement among groups such as al-Qaida and Farc
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/dec/05/occupy-london-police-terrorism-document
Shiv Malik - guardian.co.uk, Monday 5 December 2011 16.01 GMT
Police have angered Occupy London activists after
listing the movement among terrorist groups in an
advisory notice sent to the business community in the City.
The document issued by City of London police,
headed "Terrorism/extremism update for the City
of London business community", included a
detailed account of recent and upcoming Occupy
London activities and was sent to "trusted partners" in the area.
The document, dated 2 December, which was passed
on to Occupy London's Finsbury square encampment
over the weekend by a local business owner, gave
an update on foreign terrorist activities
including that of Farc in Columbia, al-Qaida in
Pakistan and the outcome of a trial into the Minsk bombing in Belarus.
Below that, a section headed "Domestic" was
dedicated wholly to the activities of the Occupy
encampments and singled out anti-capitalists as a cause for concern.
"As the worldwide Occupy movement shows no sign
of abating, it is likely that activists aspire to
identify other locations to occupy, especially
those they identify with capitalism."
The document stated that police had "received a
number of hostile reconnaissance reports
concerning individuals who would fit the
anti-capitalist profile", and asked businesses to
be vigilant for further sign of occupation activity.
It also said that the number of protesters
present at the camp remained "fairly consistent"
but that demonstrations originating from the camp
had "decreased and lacked the support and momentum of earlier actions".
The City of London police have as yet been
unwilling to reveal how many businesses were
included on the mailing but their list is thought
to include large multinationals and banks.
A City of London police source admitted that the
"title of the document was not helpful" and
denied that it labelled or intended to label the
Occupy movement as equivalent to al-Qaida.
An activist from the camp called the document
"vulgar" and said Occupy London had met Church of
England representatives many times in the past
and were meeting the Financial Services
Authority, which regulates banking activity in the UK, on Monday.
A statement from the Occupy London camp said:
"The reference to 'suspected activists' seems to
demonstrate a disturbing loss of perspective.
"Activism is not a crime and the desire to
participate in democratic decision-making should
not be a cause for concern for the police in any free society.
"An institution that confuses active citizens
with criminals and equates al-Qaida with efforts
to re-imagine the City is an institution in grave danger of losing its way."
Asked about the document, the City of London
police said their community policing methods had been praised.
A spokesman added: "City of London police works
with the community to deter and detect terrorist
activity and crime in the City in a way that has
been identified nationally as good practice.
"We've seen crime linked to protests in recent
weeks, notably around groups entering office
buildings, and with that in mind we continue to
brief key trusted partners on activity linked to protests."

Emacs!

Mr Zouk <mrzouk8 at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Dec 6, 2011 6:41 am
Subject: important warning      mrzouk8

I warned you Brendan about the dangers of using the word occupy....
and you called me an idiot.

you are the idiot for not listening and for not seeing sense

police include occupy movement on terror list
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-include-occupy-movement-on-%E2%80%98terror%E2%80%99-list.html

we've been warning people about this for a while
now, but offcourse the lawyers (liars) want the occupy situation....
the only thing left to do, is ask any lawyers
representing "the occupy movement or the protest"
in any court is who asked them to represent them?
(actually even better send at least one court
document from the tents back marked : not at
address, return to sender put it in an envelope
and post it in a letter box and do it soon before
any hearing, don't let any "lawyer" do anything
on anyones behalf they are not the voice of anyone, simply chancers)

This pisses me off, when people do this

look at the message history and look at the warnings that were given...

Record the Deed - stopping foreclosures - peaceful assembly

when are you people going to wake up, you are sleeping on your rights.
people are being played like a game of chess and they don't see it.....