Positive Money: Why are house prices so high?

Positive Money tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sat Sep 29 20:00:00 BST 2012

Our homes should cost us £1 a week on average
http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=15296

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=2ba0edecd6&e=2a0c5d0036>
Positive Money

Back in June we asked you to help us to find and
fund a new member of the team who would create
videos that would explain our message in a
simple, clear and entertaining way. Thanks for
your help - it wouldn't have been possible
without you. Our new team member Henry Passingham
has been working on a series of videos over last
months and last week we released the first one:

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=0dd6277442&e=2a0c5d0036>
House Prices - Why are they so high? (Video)

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=0dd6277442&e=2a0c5d0036>"House
Prices - Why are they so high?" [2 mins]

If we want to keep houses affordable for ordinary
people, we have to make sure that enough people
understand how banks really work and where the
money for mortgages actually comes from. Spreading the word is crucial!

1. Help us spread the word...

a) You almost certainly have friends or family
who have been priced out and are now facing high
rents or unaffordable mortgages. Here's some text
that you can just copy and paste into a new email:

A campaign group that I am supporting has
released a new video and I thought you would be interested to see it.

Did you know that in the ten years up to the
start of the financial crisis, house prices rose by over 200%? Do you know why?

A common belief is that there are too many
people, too much immigration, and too few houses
to go around. But this is a myth.

This new video explains why houses have become so
expensive and why millions of people are now priced out:

Please watch this 2 mins video:
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=ed197400bb&e=2a0c5d0036>House
Prices - Why are they so high?

You can find more about Positive Money campaign
at the website:
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=8e533d0609&e=2a0c5d0036>www.positivemoney.org.uk

b) And of course, you can help by sharing it on
Facebook and Twitter! We’d be grateful for any support to get the word out.

c) Subscribe to our Youtube channel! To stay up
to date with our latest videos, go
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=3c102d0033&e=2a0c5d0036>here
and click "Subscribe".

d) If you have a blog, write a piece about this
video. Here's a
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=774aa976b8&e=2a0c5d0036>generic
article you can use.

2. Join the Video Team

[]
We're looking for volunteers who can work with
Henry to produce videos and animations. It's work
that can be done evenings and weekends, and on a
project by project basis. We need people with
animation and/or motion graphics within After
Effects, any familiarity with Trapcode Particular
and Form plug-ins would be a bonus though not essential.

The videos themselves consist mostly of still
vector elements being combined in After Effects
compositions, so not much traditional animation
(movement of characters, speech etc.) required.
We're also looking for anyone experienced in
vector illustration within Adobe Illustrator, for
the creation of the vector elements (all quite
simple but within a consistent style).

All volunteers would need to be comfortable
working within a pre-defined style, but with room
for individual creative decision making.

If you're interested in helping to make videos
like the one above, or simpler educational
presentations, please contact
<mailto:henry at positivemoney.org.uk>henry at positivemoney.org.uk
with your level of experience and ideally any
examples of work you've already done.

3. Monetary Reform in Major German Newspapers

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=ffecc6ca48&e=2a0c5d0036>
Sueddeutsche Zeitung on Full Reserve Banking
We're happy to let you know that also our fellow
money reformers from Germany and Switzerland have
received great coverage in the mainstream media
recently. The second largest newspaper Die
Sueddeutsche Zeitung and some other big
newspapers published articles that not only
revealed the root cause of the financial crisis.
i.e. the creation of money by private commercial
banks as debt, but also presented their full
reserve banking reform proposals and the benefits this would bring.

Read more:
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=f3d9ea8851&e=2a0c5d0036>Major
German Newspapers on Full Reserve Banking

5. Events:

London, Wed 3rd Oct -
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=9589268663&e=2a0c5d0036>Can
radical new policies end the financial crisis?

London Hackney, Sat 6th Oct -
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=f8191dc629&e=2a0c5d0036>A
Credit Union Open Day

North East, Sat 6th - Mon 8th Oct -
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=ef3d0e5a54&e=2a0c5d0036>Christian
Aid Tax Justice Bus Tour

Edinburgh, 11th Oct -
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=4668ae7256&e=2a0c5d0036>Ragged
Talks: Why the Financial Crisis and Starting a Technology Business

Kingston, Wed 17th Oct -
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=456c5cb4e5&e=2a0c5d0036>Is
Banking to Blame for Poverty & Debt? – Talk by Ben Dyson

Newcastle, Thu 8th Nov -
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=e2972d6185&e=2a0c5d0036>Talk
at Economic and Social Research Council’s Festival

6. Latest from the blog

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=0f17ff7caa&e=2a0c5d0036>Positive
News: Media Picks up on Need to Reform Money

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=ecb3e4a6b9&e=2a0c5d0036>Debt,
Grinding Debt

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=2670003acc&e=2a0c5d0036>Is
it Not Time to Call a Spade a Spade?

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=b8dc3d6a44&e=2a0c5d0036>Vickers
Had No Idea What Narrow Banking Is

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=116b374aec&e=2a0c5d0036>Bypass
the Banks: Online Hub of Borrowing and Lending

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=0ca2ca3270&e=2a0c5d0036>Stop
Bankers Betting on Hunger

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=d6576c8567&e=2a0c5d0036>Ignorance
Is Not Bliss

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=284ebca3f8&e=2a0c5d0036>Guardian:
We Can’t Grow Ourselves out of Debt

<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=bae62c491e&e=2a0c5d0036>Lawrence
White Tries to Argue for Fractional Reserve Banking

Best wishes,

Ben & the team
<http://positivemoney.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7396d6c5dc44c9d3b64d8265c&id=b0483ba493&e=2a0c5d0036>www.positivemoney.org.uk

Copyright (C) 2012 Positive Money All rights reserved.
We're sending this to you because you signed up
at www.positivemoney.org.uk or at one of our
former sites (eg. Bank of England Act or OneGoodCut)
Positive Money
205 Davina House
137-149 Goswell Road
London, - EC1V 7ET