[Diggers350] Book recommendation on Land Reform

Ram Selva seeds at snail.org.uk
Wed Jun 19 12:45:51 BST 2013

The thuggery that created global poverty by grabbing land continues
thanks to malignant individuals such as the author of this book:

Make Poverty Business

The strapline of the book is 'Increase profits and reduce risks by
engaging with the poor'

http://makepovertybusiness.squarespace.com/peter-wilson/

(full text pasted below in case this info too vanishes just as Libra
Advisory Group featured in the above link has been vanished!)

The worrying bit is this is by a key UK government agent at top of a
pyramid that engineers and overseas situations as created by Shell (and
others such as Exxon-Mobil) in the Niger Delta or ongoing genocide of an
entire nation as in Sri Lanka.

The co-author's description is also noteworthy:

http://makepovertybusiness.squarespace.com/craig-wilson/

---

Make Poverty Business
"Packed With Insight" John Elkington, Founder, Sustainability

Peter Wilson is a Director of Omnia Strategy LLP, which advises
developing country Governments and companies on law, reputation and
strategy. Peter is former COO of Coffey International Development in
Europe, managing DFID and EU-funded economic and governance development
programmes in developing and post-conflict countries.  He is a former
director of Libra Advisory Group, which advises donors, Governments and
businesses on strategy, development and reform, and was acquired by
Coffey in 2010. He has lived or worked in a variety of developing and
post-conflict countries including East Timor, Ethiopia, Indonesia,
Kosovo and Sierra Leone. He is a former strategy consultant with
Strategos and McKinsey and has worked with a wide range of multinational
clients including Danone, Masterfoods, Shell and two international
banks. His early career was in the British Diplomatic Service. He has an
MBA with Distinction from INSEAD in France and an MPhil in Economics
from the University of Oxford, where his research focused on the role of
foreign direct investment in economic development.