Fwd: [rdwg] Democracy Café : NHS, Democracy and People Power on Wednesday 15 May 2013 7 pm

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Thu May 9 07:38:27 BST 2013

 Forwarded Message

Dear all

Please help promote the event .

There is a poster to circulate ( attached) ,text to adapt for email invites
to friends and lists, a facebook event to invite your friends too  (below -
blue ) and a link to the event on Occupy London website ( below - red) for
your tweets .

Thanks !

Julie

*Democracy Café *
* *
*  Wednesday 15 May 2013*
*7 - 9 pm *
**
*NHS, Democracy and People Power.*
*Dr Louise Irvine, chair of the Save Lewisham Hospital. *
**
* Cittie of Yorke pub, 22 High Holborn, WC1V 6BN. (by Chancery Lane tube)*

Dr Louise Irvine is chair of Save Lewisham Hospital campaign that has seen
a massive local mobilisation; 25,000 people marched to prevent the closure
of the hospital's A & E department. The campaign is planning a Judicial
Review of the Secretary of State's decision to downgrade the A & E . A
People's Commission of Enquiry, chaired by barrister Michael Mansfield QC ,
will meet to hear the evidence that the Trust Special Administrator ignored
later this month.

Dr Louise Irvine is amongst the founders of the National Health Action
Party and has been campaigning to stop privatisation for many years.

The talk will discuss how our lack of democracy,  and the power of the 1%,
is allowing the government to impose privatisation on our public health
services . We will discuss how people can collectively resist and  explore
what a democratic health service would look like.

The  Democracy Café is a series of monthly events hosted by Occupy London's
Real Democracy working group. The focus of the events is on building a
movement for democratic change.
**

Facebook event :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Democracy-Café/139140926259719