WWF & Nature Conservancy: crooked Global Land Trusts

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sun Nov 17 23:34:27 GMT 2013

The film

At 09:05 16/11/2013, Richard wrote:
><http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x105tsl_wwf-silence-of-the-pandas_news>http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x105tsl_wwf-silence-of-the-pandas_news
>

>available for download - do not know if it the full version approx 50 minutes

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x105tsl_wwf-silence-of-the-pandas_news

• WWF LOSING THE COURT CASES
On August 14, 2013 the Regional Court of Cologne
announced its judgment in the main proceedings
brought by the WWF against the WDR and the SWR.
With the lawsuit, the WWF wanted to prevent
further broadcast of the centerpiece of the film
(20m45s), the interview with the head of WWF's
biomass section, Dörte Bieler. According to WWF,
Huismann conducted the interview with the help of
"fraudulent misrepresentation". The application
was dismissed, the WWF was made to pay the costs
of the proceedings. More on the case at www.wilfried-huismann.de
On September 26, 2012 a ruling by the same court
lifted 'WWF Silence of the Pandas' from all
injunctions that WWF made against the film.

• THE SILENCE OF THE PANDAS
The WWF is the largest environmental protection
organisation in the world. Trust in its green
projects is almost limitless. Founded in 1961, it
is the most influential lobby group for the
environment in the world, thanks largely to its
excellent contacts in both the political and
industrial spheres. Behind the organisation’s
eco-façade, the documentary maker uncovered
explosive stories from all around the world.
A year in the making, this film is a journey into
the heart of the green empire and may shatter
public faith in the panda forever.

• TRANSCRIPT: http://pastebin.com/XvfPB7Jw

• AWARD-WINNING
In October 2012 the Otto Brenner Foundation
handed director and winner of three Grimme awards
Wilfried Huismann the Otto Brenner Preis for
'critical journalism'. According to the jury the
work is 'a sustained glimpse into the complex and
obscure work of the most powerful conservation
organisation in the world' and 'a strong piece of journalism.'

• 1001 CLUB: SHADY FUNDRAISER
Wiki about the declassified membership list (with
names as Mobutu Sese Seko and Salem bin Laden) of
the 1001 Club, a major funding trust behind the
WWF at https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/1001_Club .
On that page, follow the link to Wikispooks.com
to see the complete membership list.

• WWF ENDORSES GENTECH, ACCEPTS MONSANTO MONEY
www.toxicsoy.org/toxicsoy/news/Artikelen/2011/6/24_WWF_admits__money_taken_from_Monsanto.html

www.truthabouttrade.org/2012/12/20/wwf-vice-president-backs-intensification-and-gm/

www.gmwatch.org > documentary wwf and the pact with panda

• FURTHER READING
Wilfried Huismann - Schwarzbuch WWF - Dunkle Geschäfte.
www.redd-monitor.org/2011/07/27/wwf-scandal-part-1-bears-feeding-on-toxic-corporate-waste

www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/natur/vorwuerfe-gegen-den-wwf-sturm-im-pandaland-a-770184.html
(ger)

Just before Johann Hari was sacked from the Independent he penned this article

Johann Hari: Spare us the fawning over Prince Philip
When Elizabeth became the Queen, he was forced to
quit his job in the Navy, and became depressed for months
Johann Hari - Friday 10 June 2011
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-spare-us-the-fawning-over-prince-philip-2295288.html

Is there a more consistently hilarious sight in
Britain than the endless parade of slavering
monarchists trying to convince us the Windsor
family is the embodiment of virtue and hard work?
Today is the 90th birthday of Philip Mountbatten.
Ordinarily, I would wish him a happy day, as I
would any other 90-year-old, and then let the
event pass in silence – if only the monarchists
were not so relentlessly using the event as yet
another propaganda tool for their snobbery-soaked
institution. But we can't let yet another bout of
their myth-making pass without answer.

Today, you are being encouraged to celebrate a
man who merrily visited a genocidal dictator and
used the occasion to sneer at British democracy.
A man whose political interventions even prompted
complaints from the far-right Enoch Powell. A man
who, at the height of mass unemployment, mocked
the unemployed, while complaining his own family
of multi-millionaires was financially deprived. A
man who has shot countless examples of endangered
species – and then sought praise for his protection of wildlife.

But let's start with the myth. Monarchists feel
the need to claim that the Windsors are somehow
more worthy than the rest of us, but this is
difficult, since they consist merely of whoever
randomly emerges from a royal womb, and whoever
that package of DNA and unearned privilege then
chooses to marry. Windsors are thrown up by
chance, and must have imaginary merits thrust
upon them. You can see how hard this is by
reading the moist panegyric written by the
conservative commentator Peter Oborne last week.
He said Philip is "colossally important"
because... um... Well, he said, he represents
continuity. That's true. If you gave my father a
job for life from which he couldn't be fired and
a slew of golden palaces to live in, he'd
represent continuity too. So would yours. So would literally anyone in Britain.

The pickings then got even slimmer. Oborne
claimed Philip should be lauded because he has
"never once caused... embarrassment". And "there
has never been the slightest hint of scandal".
No, really. He wrote that. So let's look at the
things Oborne and the monarchists believe are not
embarrassing or scandalous in any way.

[b]Alfredo Stroessner was one of the most vicious
dictators of the 20th-century. He seized power in
Paraguay in a coup d'état, and set about
kidnapping and torturing anybody who objected,
ending up facing charges of genocide from the UN.
At the height of the terror, Philip visited the
country – paid for by your taxes – and told the
beaming tyrant: "It's a pleasant change to be in
a country that isn't ruled by its people." The
torture chambers were crammed and screaming less
than a mile away. This wasn't seen as a joke by
Stroessner. No wonder that – as Francis Wheen's
fascinating history Strange Days Indeed shows –
when far right-wingers and establishment grandees
responded to instability in Britain in the 1970s
by mooting a military coup, they intended Philip
to be the figurehead of their junta. (Nothing is
known of his feelings about this.)[/b]

Philip has his own taste for killing, although on
a thankfully smaller scale. Throughout his life
he has taken great pleasure in slaughtering
endangered species with highly sophisticated
nervous systems and a strong capacity to feel
pain, just for fun. For example, on one shooting
trip alone in the late 1960s, he personally
killed a tiger, a crocodile and a rhinoceros.
Before anybody writes in to say that standards
were different then, look up the press clippings:
people were disgusted at the time. Yet in their
list of reasons to admire Philip, monarchists
always list his "commitment to protecting
wildlife" as symbolic head of the World Wildlife
Fund (WWF). It's enough to make a rhinocerous
laugh – if only Philip hadn't shot it first.

Philip doesn't have much pity for the sentient
beings he shoots, but he does have quite a lot
for himself. In an interview in 1970, he
complained that the Windsors were suffering
unacceptable financial pressures, and warned of
catastrophes to come. He might, he warned with a
pained expression, have to give up polo. And –
the agony only grows – "We may need to move into
smaller premises, who knows?" He didn't say which
of the four massive palaces he occupies might
have had to be downsized, or whether he might
have had to abandon the fully stocked barbers'
shop reserved entirely for his personal use.

However Philip has also denied that anybody in
Britain is poor. When unemployment surged in the
early 1980s to levels not seen since the 1930s,
he jeered: "Everyone was saying we must have more
leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed."

To be fair, in case anybody thinks this is
snobbery, Philip extends this callousness to his
own children. When Philip and Elizabeth's
youngest son was five years old, they abandoned
him to nannies so they could tour Australia for
six months, and when they returned, the tiny
child was forced to wait in line to shake his parents' hand.

But, wait. There is a sympathetic explanation for
some of Philip's horrible behaviour. There are
many good reasons to oppose the idea of monarchy
in the 21st-century, and one is that, by
stripping them of any ability to make their own
choices, it curdles the family at its core.

In 1993, Philip said: "It wasn't my ambition to
be President of the Mint Advisory Committee. I
didn't want to be President of the WWF. I'd much
rather have stayed in the Navy, frankly." When
Elizabeth became the Queen, he had to quit his
job, and became depressed for months. The
"gaffes" that keep being wheeled out suggest a
man angry at the position he is trapped in, and
at all of us for putting him there. In the
Republic of Britain, he could have achieved his
real ambition of being an admiral and led a much happier life.

That brings us to the one real reason why Philip
deserves our respect and gratitude. Before the
Second World War, his sisters all married
supporters of the Nazi tyranny, including an SS
colonel – but there's no doubt which side Philip
was on. He repeatedly risked his life in the
Royal Navy fighting for the Allies, and took a
heroic part in the Allied invasion of Sicily.
People who glibly insult him today by calling him
a "Nazi" are ignorant – he came close to dying to
stop the Nazis. It's much more than they, or I, have ever done.

That should point us, though, to a wider and
deeper form of gratitude. All across Britain,
there are 90-year-old men who engaged in that
incredible act of collective heroism. One was my
former neighbour, Elbert Hutton, who died last
month. He fought in France and Italy, then
returned and worked hard his whole life. But
nobody ever gave him a palace to live in, and
nobody ever wrote fawning articles about him in
the Daily Telegraph. He got a small council house
and no garlands. Yet Elbert was much more
deserving than Philip. He never fawned over any
dictators, or shot any endangered species, or
complained about his lot, even though he had
unimaginably less. I'd like to see a Britain
where we assess Elbert and Philip on their merits
– and don't expect the better man to bow before the fool.

Twitter: @TonyGosling http://twitter.com/tonygosling
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org

www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6