Global Smart ID For All UK Citizens Starting With The Poor

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Mon Sep 23 00:16:15 BST 2013

Global Smart ID For All UK Citizens Starting With The Poor
PART OF THE DIGITAL CAGE
http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=22077

Julie Beal
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/09/global-smart-id-for-all-uk-citizens.html
http://getmindsmart.com/GLOBAL_SMART_ID_UK.html

I hope by now I’m starting to get through to
people about online identity management, because
here in the UK a whole lotta folk are about to be
forced to sign their life over to an Identity
Provider. The UK government has decided to host
all of its public services online, to fulfill the
‘Digital by Default’ strategy. The Government
Digital Strategy is now expected to be up and
running by April 2014. Five companies have been
chosen to provide identity management for UK
citizens, one of which, the Post Office, will
serve as registration centers for biometric smart ID enrollment.

When I try to tell people about this, and how
it’s a global scheme, they just don’t seem to
hear me. I can only think that the power of the
media is responsible – they simply aren’t
informing the public properly about this matter,
so because you’re only hearing it from me, it perhaps doesn’t seem as real?

Well, it is.

Horribly so.

There aren’t any glossy adverts for it yet, but
if you wade through the documents, and listen to
lectures and webinars aimed at industry
professionals, it’s all there on the Web.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBZ4InDRHiw

Educating the public seems to have been ruled
out, and instead, people are being drawn in by
only being able to access certain services by
using an Identity Provider (IdP) - this rules out
debate, and the right to be informed. In the US,
Obamacare and access to personal electronic
health records will kick off national IdM
take-up, while in the UK, it’s beginning with
access to government services. No matter how
private you’re told IdM makes you, there will
always be an audit trail, and a host of exemptions from peeking.

Maybe you’re already one of the many victims of
the transition to AI government – those wishing
to claim Jobseeker’s Allowance must already make
their claim online. It is not possible to do this
by interacting with a human in any way.[1]

The thing is, the next stage is forcing people to
sign up with an Identity Provider (IdP) to prove
they are who they say they are, when they use
government services which are only available
online. It was supposed to start next month, i.e.
the transition to Universal Credit (the new
benefit which will replace most of the current
ones) was meant to introduce identity management
to the UK, by requiring all claimants to
authenticate themselves online by using an IdP.

However, the plan has now changed, and the latest
news is that instead of starting with Universal
Credit, there will be 25 government departments
moving their services online, and to access
these, citizens will need to sign up with an
Identity Provider. The services include online
driving licences, and other DVLA documents; State
benefits, redundancy payments, and tax matters;
civil claims; visa applications; electoral
registration; and booking prison visits.

In June, the government announced,
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) will become the first
central government department to use Identity
Assurance (IDA), one set of secure login details
to access all online public services, and will be
a key component of Pay As You Earn Online (PAYE
Online) which is to move to pre-launch mode in
October 2013 with ‘wider IDA capabilities
becoming available from October 2014'.
The Government Digital Service (GDS), which is
developing IDA, has described it such: “Identity
assurance is about providing users with a simple,
trusted and secure means of accessing public
services, so we are working hard to ensure that
privacy is at the heart of the service we will provide to users.”
According to governmentcomputing.com, “IDA is set
to become the default service for all government
departments providing public digital services
which require the citizen to confirm their identity.”
The move comes as part of the Cabinet Office’s
strategy to move all government services online
in order to save between £1.7bn and £1.8bn a year.”
They don’t want to provide staff to man
phonelines, or offices –everything will be
digitised, and for that you need smart ID.

The UK government (Government Digital Services,
or GDS) announced this month they have contracted
the services of five companies, and we get to
choose which one to sign up with! Gosh, thanks!
The five IdPs chosen by GDS for the UK are
Experian, Verizon, the Post Office, Mydex, and
DigIdentity; the first/beta phase is just about
to start. There were supposed to be eight IdPs,
but PayPal and Cassidian have deferred their involvement for the time being.

It was reported last week that a government
spokesperson has stated, “Universal Credit
remains part of the future delivery plans for the
cross-government IDa Service in development at the Cabinet Office."

Last year, (September, 2012), the UK Cabinet
Office published the Local Authority Review of
“Citizen Online Identity Assurance” which
acknowledged one of the issues in enforcing the
system is that “citizen trust may be difficult to
achieve”. Too right!!! It’ll be even harder once
people realize how easily they can be spied on,
the fact that biometrics aren’t reliable enough,
and that many things can go wrong when allowing a
third party to handle your ability to live a
life. If your global ID doesn’t work, you can’t do a thing.
In June the Government and the UK's National
Technical Authority on Information Assurance
(CESG) also published new guidance on 'identity
proofing' and verification. The guide sets out
how businesses tasked with verifying the identity
of individuals using Government services can
achieve various levels of assurance about the identity of such users......
+44 (0)7786 952037
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.dialectradio.co.uk
Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org