Warning: In Albuquerque Penalty for “Illegal Camping” is Execution by Cop!

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Mar 26 01:11:06 GMT 2014

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/warning-in-albuquerque-penalty-for.html

<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/warning-in-albuquerque-penalty-for.html>Warning:
In Albuquerque the Penalty for “Illegal Camping” is Execution by Cop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nl9TEOPY8k

Kimberly Paxton -
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/warning-in-albuquerque-penalty-for.html>Activist
Post

Nobody seems to play good cop, bad cop anymore.
It’s gotten to the point where it’s just bad cop, worse cop.

A homeless man camping in the Sandia Foothills in
the outskirts of Albuquerque had the misfortune
to become the subject of a standoff with the trigger-happy Albuquerque PD.

The Daily Sheeple recently warned that the
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.thedailysheeple.com/warning-to-residents-of-new-mexico-your-police-force-is-being-taught-to-use-more-deadly-force_022014>APD
was being trained to use “more deadly force”, and
it seems as though the officers have taken those
lessons seriously. You may recall another victim
of the
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.thedailysheeple.com/nm-cops-shot-at-fleeing-suspect-caught-on-video_032014>APD
who was shot at when he ran from police or the
case of the Taos officer who
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.thedailysheeple.com/was-this-officer-justified-when-he-fired-into-a-minivan-full-of-kids_112013>opened
fire on a minivan full of kids. And who can
forget the multiple cavity searches (like
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.thedailysheeple.com/dont-anal-probe-me-bro-another-nm-man-subjected-to-rectal-exam-after-traffic-stop_112013>this
one or even
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.thedailysheeple.com/man-subjected-to-8-anal-exams-after-routine-traffic-stop_112013>this
8 probe incident) diligently undertaken by New Mexico’s finest?

Unfortunately for James M. Boyd, his encounter
with the APD turned
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.amazon.com/Overkill-Paramilitary-Police-Raids-America/dp/B0034ANHS0/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=permacultucom-20>into
a brutal assault that ended in his death. After a
three-hour standoff, Boyd had agreed to
surrender.
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://nevergetbusted.com/hot-news/homeless-man-shot-death-police-illegally-camping-video/>Nevergetbusted.com
reported the tragic events that followed:
When the situation reached its climax around 7:30
p.m., Boyd had allegedly agreed to end the
standoff, but warned APD that they must keep their word.

“Don’t change up the agreement,” Boyd said to
officers. “I’m going to try and walk now. Don’t
try to harm me. If you keep your word, I can keep you safe.”

Boyd put on his backpack. He reached down to pick
up a thermos, placed it in his right hand and
grabbed a blue bag in his left hand.

“Don’t worry about safety, I’m not a [expletive]
murderer,” Boyd continued. “Don’t try it. Don’t
try to harm me. I won’t try to harm you. Alright?”

Boyd tried to walk away. But police were not going to let that happen.

“Do it,” one of the officers said, and a
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.amazon.com/Valken-Dumbbell-Thunder-Airsoft-Grenade/dp/B00CMB1JCS/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=permacultucom-20>flashbang
grenade was lobbed at Boyd’s feet. A loud
explosion and a puff of smoke followed.

Police can be heard shouting, “Get on the
ground,” as they rushed in with weapons trained
on him. A barking K9 advanced toward him. Mr.
Boyd, now under attack, dropped his bags and
instinctively retrieved a knife from his pocket.
Nevertheless, he did not advance and did not make
any threatening gestures. The nearest officer
still remained several feet away.

Boyd stood there for approximately 5 seconds,
then turned away from officers and began to
descend to the ground ­ possibly a sign of
compliance with demands to get on the ground. For
reasons unclear, police opened fire. A volley of
rifle rounds, beanbag rounds, and tasers fired at the man in near unison.

James Boyd fell instantly to the ground. Officers
barked orders at him to get his hands up. Boyd
could be heard on video saying “I can’t move.”

“Please don’t hurt me anymore,” he moaned.

Unsatisfied, police opened fire again, this time
on his prone, lifeless body with beanbag rounds
from a shotgun. He did not budge after repeated
strikes. Next, the police dog was turned loose on
him and gnawed on his leg. He remained unresponsive.

Officers then moved in and secured his body. Boyd did not survive.

Ultimately, 15 seconds after agreeing to end the
standoff, he was shot and lying on the ground.
(<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://nevergetbusted.com/hot-news/homeless-man-shot-death-police-illegally-camping-video/>source)

The entire reprehensible execution of this man was caught on a helmet cam.

Warning: Graphic Content
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nl9TEOPY8k

The APD, unsurprisingly, stated in the face of
this video evidence that the
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.amazon.com/Overkill-Paramilitary-Police-Raids-America/dp/B0034ANHS0/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=permacultucom-20>murder
was justified.
Chief Eden called the shooting justified at the
news conference, saying officers used non-lethal
force first and that there was a direct threat
made at an unarmed K9 officer. According to Chief
Eden, Boyd was less than eight feet from the unarmed canine officer.

“Actually if you watch the video tape, all the
less than lethal devices were in fact deployed.
It was when the canine officer was down directing
the canine dog that the suspect pulled out the
two knives and directed a threat to the canine
officer who had no weapons drawn. He was handling the dog,” Chief Eden said.

News 13 asked Chief Eden directly, “do you
believe this was a justified shooting?”

Chief Eden responded, “Yes, if you follow case
law, ‘Garner versus Tennessee’, there was
directed threat to an officer.”
(<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://krqe.com/2014/03/21/apd-officer-involved-shooting-was-justified/>source)

Cast of Criminals Cops

I think it’s really important to get to know the
folks in your community, don’t you? Let’s take a
closer look at some of the cops involved in this
travesty. The APD released the names of two
police officers who were involved in the shooting.

Officer Keith Sandy
As you saw in the video, the victim was laying on
his stomach saying he was unable to get up when a
police officer named Keith Sandy walked up and
shot the prone man in the back. Officer Sandy,
pictured below, must be so proud of his brave,
heroic action. You can learn more about Officer
Sandy’s own criminal history
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://krqe.com/2014/03/19/cop-involved-in-sunday-shooting-had-rocky-past-performance/>HERE.

Officer Dominique Perez
The other cop who shot the victim was Officer
Dominique Perez. Doesn’t he look like a nice guy
instead of a heartless killer of the homeless?
Perez and Sandy are both on paid vacation leave
pending the outcome of a review of the murderoffice-involved shooting.

Police Chief Gordon Eden
And finally, this is the estimable Police Chief
Eden, the leader who found the actions of these
officers acceptable (because, gee, everyone knows
that you should just sit there and let a dog bite
you.) Although he did not fire a bullet into the
man, by saying that this type of brutality is
justified, he is endorsing this kind of behavior in the future.

The telephone number for the APD is (505)
242-COPS. (See what they did there? Clever!)

You can use
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.cabq.gov/iro/police-complaint-form>THIS
LINK to report police misconduct to the APD. (I
dunno, murdering a homeless mentally ill man in
cold blood seems sort of misconduct-y, don’t you think?)

Kimberly Paxton is a staff writer for
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/http://www.thedailysheeple.com/>The
Daily Sheeple, where this first appeared. She is
based out of upstate New York. You can follow
Kimberly on
<http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kimberly-Paxton/204181656444789>Facebook
and <http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/https://twitter.com/KPaxTDS>Twitter.