London Activist John Jordan's 1997 Conviction Quashed

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Oct 8 11:33:23 BST 2014

>From: John O <mojuk at mojuk.org.uk>
>Subject: News & Views - Friday 3rd October 2014
>
>=========================
>  Miscarriages of JusticeUK (MOJUK) News Service
>=========================
>
>-  John Jordan 1997 Conviction Quashed
>-  55% Rise in Actions Against Solicitors
>-  Pigeon Terrorists - Birds' Bums Inspected For Explosives

>John Jordan 1997 Conviction Quashed
>This week, Southwark Crown Court allowed the appeals against
>convictions of John Jordan, an environmental and social justice
>campaigner, prosecuted as a result of his involvement in a protest
>in 1996. The court found that the trial process, from start to
>finish, had been tainted by the involvement of an undercover police
>officer. That officer - Jim Boyling, known as 'Jim Sutton' - was
>involved in the protest in which John Jordan participated, was
>arrested and prosecuted for an offence as well, was party to
>confidential legal discussions between John Jordan and his lawyers
>by pretending to be a genuine co-defendant and then gave evidence in
>court at the trial in his assumed identity.
>
>Mike Schwarz, John Jordan's lawyer in 1997 and since, said: "This
>case has disturbing and significant features which are different to
>the other 50-odd miscarriages caused by undercover policing and
>quashed by the courts. All the other cases involved police officer
>Mark Kennedy and the National Public Order Intelligence Unit and
>were recent. John Jordan's case involves Jim Boyling and the Special
>Demonstration Squad and took place in the 1990s. It involved an
>undercover police officer deliberately breaching lawyer-client
>confidentiality and giving evidence, as a defendant, in court under
>oath in an assumed name and identity.
>
>But all these cases share two characteristics. They have been
>exposed by the efforts of campaigners, journalists and those close
>to and duped by the police officers, often at great personal cost.
>And the police, prosecution and authorities have done all they can
>to resist exposure. This case is not over yet. The BBC, Guardian and
>Press Association have joined John Jordan's efforts to get a full
>explanation of what happened in the 1990s and what, if anything, is
>being done now to identify those responsible and stop this happening again."
><http://www.bindmans.com/news-and-events/news-article/courts-quash-conviction-from-1997-as-a-result-of-involvement-of-undercover-police>Bindmans
>Solicitors

>A, R v (Rev 1) [2014] NICA 2 - Convictions of Sexual Assault Quashed
>[1] This is an appeal against conviction on two counts of sexual
>assault. Leave to appeal was granted by Deeny J acting as the single
>judge. The appellant was tried on a total of nine counts of various
>sexual offences against the daughter of his long-term partner ("the
>complainant"). These offences as alleged by the complainant occurred
>during four distinct incidents. The jury convicted him on two of the
> [...]

Twitter: @TonyGosling http://twitter.com/tonygosling
http://rt.com/op-edge/authors/tony-gosling/
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org

www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered that shall not be
revealed; and nothing hid that shall not be made known. What I tell
you in darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye hear in the
ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6