What right do party bosses have to rule the country?

MM mm at iniref.org
Fri Apr 24 14:56:41 BST 2015

What right do the party bosses have to rule the country?

They do not have that right. But they behave as though they do. At
elections the politicians gain political power BUT they can only borrow
that power from the people.

We are supposed to have democracy which means that we, the people, are
in charge.

The politicians are supposed to "work for us"!

Just giving away a vote in an election once every five or so years is
not a convincing way to "do our bit" in governing.

In between elections we, the electorate, should be able to intervene
with proposals or to block unwanted government plans.

Campaign for direct democracy in Britain
http://www.iniref.org/ Link to site index
http://www.iniref.org/carta.htm Election campaign call