Notable psychogeography magazine 'Wyrd Daze'

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sun Jul 26 13:32:38 BST 2015

<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/wyrd-daze-is-now-free/>Wyrd
Daze is now FREE!

  <https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/wyrd-daze-is-now-free/>JULY
22, 2015 --  https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/
-

Wyrd Daze is the multimedia zine of speculative
fiction + experimental music, art, and writing.
It began life as a one-off print edition in the
Summer of 2013 before launching digitally on
October 31st. It had a run of 12 issues before
being rebooted to Lvl2 in March 2015.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/lvl2-2-cover1.jpg>
Lvl2 2 Cover

Lvl2 Issue 2 Cover Art by Kev McKie

All through this initial run Wyrd Daze was
available via a nominal subscription ($5 a
month), creating a revenue with which to pay
people for their contributions for the zine. The
ethos of Wyrd Daze is to nurture, showcase, and support independent creativity.

I’ve now decided to take a step back with Wyrd
Daze to concentrate on my own projects – in
particular I have a novel to finish! I will still
be continuing with the zine, but on a slower
release schedule (An issue every 3 months or so).
Consequently, I’ve decided to make Wyrd Daze FREE!

The whole of Lvl2 (3 issues so far) is now
available to download, with more on the way.

----------

Click to
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5u0h21mF0e2flNoQjZzMElRTjlzZHVFM29vT3E2NFlCRVRHYXRNLXVEN0VTdHFLWDlJcXc&usp=sharing>Download
Wyrd Daze Lvl2 Issues 1, 2, + 3

(A full list of contents for each of the three issues can be found below)

----------

The ethos of the zine hasn’t changed, and I would
like to encourage those that are willing and able
to donate via my Patreon page. Most of the
revenue created there will be used to pay
creators for their contributions to Wyrd Daze,
and as an added bonus you’ll also be sent copies
of my own short stories, music, + anything else I create!

(Oh hai by the way, my name is <https://about.me/LeighWright>Leigh Wright !)

<https://www.patreon.com/wyrddaze>Check out my Patreon page & perks here!

----------

I’m interested in exploring sponsorship and other
partnerships for Wyrd Daze. In addition I am
offering advertising space for like-minded
projects at a very friendly rate of $10 per (A4) page.

You can contact me at wyrd.daze at gmail.com

<http://wordpress.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=3842e1cac7a6ba833ed3c1a3e&id=f66ccaeb4a>To
sign up, click here

----------

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/wd-lvl-2-1.jpg>
Wyrd Daze Lvl2 Issue 1

Wyrd Daze Lvl2 Issue 1

Contents :

    * Cover and interior artworks by Eygló Daða Karlsdóttir

    *

    Starstuff: an ode to Carl Sagan by Melissa Beall

    *

    Illu : strange tales from a wyrd world
        * by Becky Munich and Leigh Wright

    *

    Persephone’s Threshold by Jenna Kraus

    *

    Bacon and Eggs : A Doctor Who universe sidebar story
        * by Lee Rawlings

    *

    Wyrd Sounds: an interview with Saxon Roach
        * about his latest IXTAB album, R.O.C

    *

    Fragments from: The Fife Psychogeographical Collective

    ----------

      Wyrd Daze Lvl2 EP 1

        * Track One – IXTAB : Parhelion

        *

        Track Two – The Whip Angels : Persephone’s Threshold

        *

        Track Three – Wizards Tell Lies : And Then It Awoke

        ----------

    The Wyrd Daze Podcast

    An extract of a story from Seasons of War,
the unofficial Doctor Who charity anthology. The
story is called The Celaphas Gift, and it was
written by Andrew Smith, who wrote the 1980 Tom
Baker era Doctor Who episode: Full Circle (Part
One) and its novelisation. He’s since gone on to
write several Doctor Who audio adventures for Big
Finish. The story is read by Tracey Norman, with sound design by Simon Brett.

    The podcast also features a mix dedicated to
poet, maverick, and mystic Daevid Allen by The Ephemeral Man.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/lvl2-2-cover1.jpg>
Lvl2 2 Cover

Wyrd Daze Lvl2 Issue 2

Contents :

    * Cover and interior artworks by Kev McKie

    *

    The Ballad of Sophie Nu by Mark Lawrence

    *

    An interview with Mark Lawrence

    *

    Shining Apples by Carsia Swenson

    *

    Walking on the Black Meadow by Chris Lambert

    *

    The Art of Clara Engel

    *

    I F***ing Love Science by Melissa Beall

    *

    Fragments from: The Fife Psychogeographical Collective

    ----------

There’s a special 5-track compilation of songs by
Canadian singer / songwriter Clara Engel as part
of the download with this issue, as well as the
Wyrd Daze Podcast, which features a special mix for Beltane byThe Ephemeral Man

----------

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/lvl2-issue-3.jpg>
Lvl2 Issue 3

Wyrd Daze Lvl2 Issue 3

Contents :

    * Cover and interior artworks by Choncey Langford

    *

    The June Bug by Chris Lambert

    *

    Notes from Some Other War by Martin Hayes

    *

    States of Matter : an essay about the wyrd of science
        * by Melissa Beall

    *

    Pas Musique : an interview with Robert L. Pepper

    *

    Fragments from : The Fife Psychogeographical Collective

    ----------

       Wyrd Daze Lvl2 EP 3

    Faux Brut : a mix of 4 tracks from 2 albums

----------

Click to
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5u0h21mF0e2flNoQjZzMElRTjlzZHVFM29vT3E2NFlCRVRHYXRNLXVEN0VTdHFLWDlJcXc&usp=sharing>Download
Wyrd Daze Lvl2 Issues 1, 2, + 3

----------

Posted in
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/category/showcase/>Showcase.Tagged
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/wyrd-daze/>Wyrd
Daze,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/zine/>zine,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/music/>music,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/art/>art,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/sci-fi/>sci-fi,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/extraordinary/>extraordinary,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/horror/>horror,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/creativity/>creativity,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/writing/>writing,<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/surreal/>surreal,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/eclectic/>eclectic,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/independent-creativity/>independent
creativity,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/experimental/>experimental,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/wyrd-2/>wyrd,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/patreon/>Patreon,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/speculative-fiction/>speculative
fiction,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/experimental-music/>experimental
music,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/fantasy/>fantasy,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/free/>free,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/free-zine/>free
zine,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/download/>download,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/culture/>culture.

<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/wyrd-daze-lvl2-issue-3/>Wyrd
Daze Lvl2 Issue 3

  <https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/wyrd-daze-lvl2-issue-3/>JUNE
30, 2015

<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/wyrd-daze-lvl2-issue-3/#comments>1

Welcome to Wyrd Daze : the multimedia zine
ofspeculative fiction + experimental music, art, & writing.

You can download this issue for free
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5u0h21mF0e2fjRSMm02NlJxeWFZV0R1QkFsbjY1LXVlYklZU21TX2luWG9CalJzcU1lTGM&usp=sharing>HERE

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/fullsizerender.jpg>
FullSizeRender

This months artwork is by Choncey Langford –
there’s much more to be seen within the zine!

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/10431296_10152436252508673_7829363609296087282_o.jpg>
10431296_10152436252508673_7829363609296087282_o
There’s also music from Choncey under the moniker
Faux Brut on this issue’s accompanying EP,
as well as a track by Pas Musique from
their new album Inside the Spectrum.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/63755_10152957150933234_8256537190550730171_n.jpg>
63755_10152957150933234_8256537190550730171_n

----------

Also in this issue

Fiction: The June Bug by Chris Lambert

Fiction : Notes from Some Other War by Martin Hayes

States of Matter : an essay about the wyrd of science
by Melissa Beall

Pas Musique : an interview with Robert L. Pepper

Fragments from : The Fife Psychogeographical Collective

----------

You can download this issue for free
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5u0h21mF0e2fjRSMm02NlJxeWFZV0R1QkFsbjY1LXVlYklZU21TX2luWG9CalJzcU1lTGM&usp=sharing>HERE

----------

If you enjoy Wyrd Daze and would like to be
informed of future issues and other news from the
Wyrd Daze world, you can sign up to Wyrd Mail <http://eepurl.com/bmDDXL>HERE

If you’d like to support the creators who
contribute toWyrd Daze, you can donate via my
Patreon page <https://www.patreon.com/wyrddaze?ty=h>HERE.
There are a number of perks available, and
donators will be included in an exclusive mailing list.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/10333545_10152587559078673_4998106256829211883_o.jpg>
10333545_10152587559078673_4998106256829211883_o

Posted in
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/category/uncategorized/>Uncategorized.Tagged
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/art/>art,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/choncey-langford/>Choncey
Langford,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/chris-lambert/>Chris
Lambert,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/eclectic/>eclectic,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/electronica/>electronica,<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/experimental/>experimental,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/fantasy/>fantasy,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/faux-brut/>Faux
Brut,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/fife/>Fife,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/free/>free,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/martin-hayes/>Martin
Hayes,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/melissa-beall/>Melissa
Beall,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/music/>music,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/paperclippe/>Paperclippe,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/pas-musique/>Pas
Musique,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/sci-fi/>sci-fi,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/science/>science,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/speculative-fiction/>speculative
fiction,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/tales-from-the-black-meadow/>Tales
from the Black Meadow,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/the-fife-psychogeographical-collective/>The
Fife psychogeographical Collective,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/weird/>weird,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/writing/>writing,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/wyrd-2/>wyrd.

<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/05/02/wyrd-daze-lvl2-issue-2/>Wyrd
Daze Lvl2 Issue 2

  <https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/05/02/wyrd-daze-lvl2-issue-2/>MAY
2, 2015

<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/05/02/wyrd-daze-lvl2-issue-2/#comments>1

Welcome to Wyrd Daze : the multimedia zine
ofspeculative fiction + experimental music, art, & writing.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/lvl2-2-cover1.jpg>
Lvl2 2 Cover

This month’s mind-blowing cover-art is by
<https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/doodlemagic>Kevin
McKie, and there are plenty more of his amazing
illustrations within this issue of Wyrd Daze.

----------

<http://www.patreon.com/wyrddaze>
kaGh5_patreon_name_and_message

Click the image above to go to the Wyrd Daze Patreon page

or find other options to purchase the latest issue
for only $5 below.

----------

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/mark-lawrence-author.jpg>
mark-lawrence-author

Wyrd Daze is honoured to be hosting
‘The Ballard of Sophie Nu‘ a short story by best
selling author
<http://www.marklawrence.buzz/>Mark Lawrence. The third book of his
‘The Broken Empire‘ trilogy, called ‘Emperor of
Thorns‘ won the David Gemmell Award for Best Novel in 2014.

The second book in his second trilogy set in the
Broken Empire is due to be released in June, and
he has recently signed a substantial three-book
deal withHarper Voyager for this third trilogy –
this time set in a unique world.

There is also an insightful interview with Mark
in this month’s zine.

----------
<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/tumblr_n8yo876op31tr3onfo1_400.jpg>
tumblr_n8yo876op31tr3onfo1_400

<http://claraengel.net/>Clara Engel is a
mesmerizing singer / songwriter from Canada, and
Wyrd Daze is delighted to be hosting a unique
11-track compilation of her songs, as well as an
interview, and some of her art & lyrics.

As a taster, here’s a fan-made video for the
first track from the compilation: ‘Heaven and Hell‘

----------
<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/cswenson_shiningapples.jpg>
cswenson_shiningapples

<http://goblinfruitstudio.com/>Carisa Swenson was
inspired by the multimedia projectTales of the
Black Meadow to create this sculpture, “Silver Apples“.

She has written a special story for Wyrd Daze
based upon her creation.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/black-meadow.jpg>
Black Meadow

In addition, Chris Lambert tells us more about the
<http://blackmeadowtales.blogspot.ca/>Tales from
the Black Meadow project which he created with
<https://thesoullessparty.bandcamp.com/>Kev
Oyston – which so far has spawned an album and book, with more on the way!

----------

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/10530942_792331575716_1899115775842142564_n.jpg>
10530942_792331575716_1899115775842142564_n

<https://twitter.com/paperclippe>Melissa Beall
continues her regular contributions toWyrd Daze
with her brilliant essay: I Fucking Love Science

----------

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/cimg20951.jpg>
Entrance to The Wilderness

----------
<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/cimg2113.jpg>
cimg2113
<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/cimg2135.jpg>
cimg2135

And there’s more strange wanderings from the
<http://fifepsychogeography.com/>Fife Psychogeographical Collective

----------

The Wyrd Daze Podcast

This issue the podcast features a special mix for
Beltane by <https://twitter.com/ephemeral_man>The Ephemeral Man called
Bacchus Beltane 2: The Mists of Avalon

----------

There are several ways to access  Wyrd Daze :

    * As a stand alone product, including all
multimedia content, for $5 <https://gumroad.com/l/zJVr>HERE

    *

    You can subscribe via Patreon for as little as $1
        * All Patreon subscribers get access to the
        * Wyrd Daze
<https://www.patreon.com/wyrddaze?ty=a>Patreon activity stream,
        * with exclusive content.

<http://www.patreon.com/wyrddaze>
kaGh5_patreon_name_and_message
<http://www.patreon.com/wyrddaze>

Click the button image above to go to the Wyrd Daze Patreon

    *

    You can subscribe via the Wyrd Daze
        * Gumroad shop <https://gumroad.com/l/wyrddaze>HERE

    *

    or you can subscribe directly via Paypal
        * with the button below

<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=S9MU4FVUD4LKU>
Subscribe-Paypal-Button

  (and receive your first download within 24hrs)

Subscriptions create a revenue with which to pay
contributors for their original creations for Wyrd Daze

----------

If you like what you see, hear, and feel – pass
it on!Introduce your friends, lovers, and groovy
associates to the wonderful world of Wyrd Daze!

----------

Join the Wyrd Daze community on reddit
at <http://www.reddit.com/r/WyrdDaze/>/r/WyrdDaze and hangout with some of the
creators of Wyrd Daze content.

----------
Posted in
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/category/showcase/>Showcase.Tagged
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/amazing-art/>amazing
art,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/ambient/>ambient,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/art/>art,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/chris-lambert/>Chris
Lambert,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/clara-engel/>Clara
Engel,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/clarisa-swenson/>Clarisa
Swenson,<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/doodlemagic/>Doodlemagic,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/eclectic/>eclectic,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/electronica/>electronica,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/experimental-music/>experimental
music,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/fiction/>fiction,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/hauntology/>Hauntology,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/kev-oyston/>kev
Oyston,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/kevin-mckie/>Kevin
McKie,<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/mark-lawrence/>Mark
Lawrence,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/psychogeography/>psychogeography,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/science/>science,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/singersongwriter/>singer/songwriter,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/speculative-fiction/>speculative
fiction,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/tales-from-the-black-meadow/>Tales
from the Black Meadow,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/the-black-meadow/>The
Black Meadow,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/the-broken-empire/>The
Broken Empire,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/the-ephemeral-man/>The
Ephemeral Man,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/the-fife-psychogeographical-collective/>The
Fife psychogeographical Collective,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/writing/>writing.

<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/wyrd-daze-lvl-2-issue-1/>Wyrd
Daze Lvl 2 Issue 1

  <https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/wyrd-daze-lvl-2-issue-1/>MARCH
19, 2015
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/wyrd-daze-lvl-2-issue-1/#respond>

Wyrd Daze has levelled up!

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/wd-lvl-2-1.jpg>
Wyrd Daze Lvl2 Issue 1

This is the cover for Wyrd Daze Lvl 2 Issue 1

The cover and interior artwork for this issue is by
<https://3yglo.wordpress.com/>Eygló Daða Karlsdóttir

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/10422261_10153149153696528_2483437128946471701_n.jpg>

multimedia content, for $5 <https://gumroad.com/products/PbbPf/edit>HERE

    *

    You can subscribe via Patreon for as little
as $1 All Patreon subscribers get access to the
Wyrd
Daze<https://www.patreon.com/wyrddaze?ty=a>Patreon
activity stream, with exclusive content.

    For more details of all Patreon subscription
options, please go <http://www.patreon.com/wyrddaze>HERE

        * You can subscribe via the Wyrd Daze
Gumroad shop<https://gumroad.com/l/wyrddaze>HERE

    *

    or you can subscribe directly via Paypal with the button below

    (and receive your first download within 24hrs)

<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=S9MU4FVUD4LKU>
Subscribe-Paypal-Button

Subscriptions create a revenue with which to pay
contributors for their original creations for Wyrd Daze

----------

Featured in this month’s issue :

  (in order of appearance)

Wyrd Daze irregular
<https://twitter.com/PaperClippe>Melissa Beall
brings us an inspirational essay entitled Starstuff : an ode to Carl Sagan.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/carl-sagan.jpg>
Carl Sagan

There’s a sneak peek at a comic collaboration between
<https://www.behance.net/beckymunich>Becky Munich
and <https://twitter.com/Leigh_Wright_>Leigh Wright called Illu

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/sketch1.jpg>
Sketch1

Jenna Kraus aka Pope Joan II of
<http://whipangels.com/>The Whip Angels and
the<http://sexdeathrebirth.com/>Sex.Death.Rebirth
blog brings us a poetry.art.music fusion
exploration called Persephone’s Threshold.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/a0017079768_10.jpg>
a0017079768_10

There’s a story set in the Doctor Who universe by
comedian, actor, DJ, and author Lee Rawlings

Saxon Roach of
<http://ixtabulations.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/new-improved-ix-tab-album-roc.html>IXTAB
answers some questions about his mesmerising new album R.O.C.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/s1790079.jpg>
S1790079

<http://fifepsychogeography.com/>The Fife
Psychogeographical Collective reminisce about the
John Cage Centennial and take us through
The Woods and the Words.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/john_cage_340hat.jpg>
john_cage_340hat

----------

The Wyrd Daze Lvl2 EP 1

Track One :
<http://ixtabulations.blogspot.co.uk/>IXTAB – Parhelion (from the album R.O.C)

Track Two : <https://whipangels.bandcamp.com/>The
Whip Angels – Persephone’s Threshold

Track Three:
<https://simimansound.bandcamp.com/>Wizards Tell
Lies – And Then It Awoke (From an as-yet-unreleased album)

----------

  The Wyrd Daze Podcast

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/10988_599156103549278_3575886436738922789_n.jpg>
10988_599156103549278_3575886436738922789_n

This month’s podcast features an audio extract of
one of the stories from
<https://www.facebook.com/SeasonsOfWarAnthology?fref=ts>Seasons
of War : the unofficial Doctor Who charity
anthology. The story is called The Celaphas Gift:
it was written by
<https://twitter.com/andr3wsmith>Andrew Smith,
who wrote the 1980 Tom Baker era Doctor Who
episode: Full Circle (Part One) and its
novelisation. He’s since gone on to write several
Doctor Who audio adventures for <http://www.bigfinish.com/>Big Finish.

The extract is read by Tracey Norman, with sound design bySimon Brett.

Seasons of War is available via donation in a
variety of formats. Donations are in aid of the
charity
<http://www.caudwellchildren.com/>Caudwell
Children, for disabled children across the UK,
and so far over 6 and a half thousand pounds has
been raised! It’s a great book, pretty essential
for Doctor Who fans, written by a talented
selection of writers affiliated with the cult
show in a number of ways. You can donate what you
like but please consider giving generously if you
can. You can donate and download the book at the
Seasons of War Just Giving page <https://www.justgiving.com/declan-may1/>HERE.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/planetgong-co_-uk_-630x420.jpg>
planetgong.co_.uk_-630x420

This issue of Wyrd Daze is dedicated to poet and mystic
Daevid Allen, co-founder of the magnificent
marvelous melodious magick band <http://www.planetgong.co.uk/>Gong.

Daevid has been a huge inspiration to so many of
us, and he passed beyond on Friday the 13th March
at 1:08PM, boarding the flying teapot for the final trip to planet Gong.

This month’s podcast also feature a mix by
<http://the-ephemeral-man.tumblr.com/>The
Ephemeral Man which is bookended by tracks from
Allen’s joyous 1977 solo album Now is the Happiest Time of Your Life.

Track 1 : Daevid Allen – Flamenco Zero

Track 2 : Daevid Allen – Why do we treat ourselves like we do?

Track 3 : Bombay Bicycle Club – Lights Out, Words Gone

Track 4 : The British Space Group – Haze of Summer

Track 5 : Dead Can Dance – Wilderness

Track 6 : Fleetwood Mac – Oh Daddy

Track 7 : Kemper Norton – Helston 91

Track 8 : Hacker Farm – Konrad

Track 9 : IXTAB – St James & The 28 Pieces

Track 10 : Radiohead – Codex

Track 11 : Porcupine Tree – Time Flies

Track 12 : The Advisory Circle – The Blue Energy Programme

Track 13 : Daevid Allen – Deya Goddess

----------

Posted in
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/category/showcase/>Showcase.Tagged
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/art/>art,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/becky-munich/>Becky
Munich,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/comic/>comic,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/daevid-allen/>Daevid
Allen,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/doctor-who/>Doctor
Who,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/fiction/>fiction,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/gong/>Gong,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/ixtab/>IXTAB,<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/jenna-kraus/>Jenna
Kraus,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/music/>music,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/podcast/>podcast,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/psychogeography/>psychogeography,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/seasons-of-war/>Seasons
of War,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/the-ephemeral-man/>The
Ephemeral Man,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/the-whip-angels/>The
Whip
Angels,<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/west-country-wyrd/>West
Country Wyrd,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/wizards-tell-lies/>Wizards
Tell Lies,
<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/wyrd-daze/>Wyrd
Daze, <https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/tag/zine/>zine.

<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/01/29/issue-12-showcase/>Issue 12 showcase

  <https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/01/29/issue-12-showcase/>JANUARY
29, 2015

<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2015/01/29/issue-12-showcase/#comments>1

Hello and welcome to the Wyrd Daze Issue 12 showcase!

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/diseaseddryad.jpg>
DiseasedDryad

The images above and below are by
<https://www.behance.net/beckymunich>Becky Munich,
whose delightfully macabre illustration graces the cover
and interior of this month’s issue.

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/siren.jpg>
Siren

----------

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/shilling-hookland.jpg>
shilling hookland

Issue 12 also features a new installment of
The Phoenix Guide to Strange England: Hookland
by acclaimed author David Southwell.

Be sure to follow the official Hookland Twitter
account <https://twitter.com/HooklandGuide>HERE

----------

Also in this month’s Wyrd Daze zine is
a fiction short by richnfamous
and a lengthy installment of
Fragments from: The Fife Psychogeographical Collective.

----------

This month’s Wyrd Daze Podcast features a mix by
<http://the-ephemeral-man.tumblr.com/>The
Ephemeral Man consisting of music taken from
soundtracks for modern computer games:
Destiny, Dragon Age, Halo, The Last of Us,
Mass Effect, Deus Ex: Human revolution, and Portal

This is hugely underrated music, and it’s probable that people
who don’t play computer games never get to hear it,
so here’s a chance to rectify that!

There is also a second mix which is
exclusive to Wyrd Daze subscribers and those
who buy Issue 12, as part of the download.

(The Wyrd Daze Podcast goes up on my Soundcloud account
until replaced by the latest edition.
All previous editions are archived <http://www.mixcloud.com/Wyrd_Daze/>HERE )

----------

There are several ways to access
Issue 12 of Wyrd Daze:

As a stand alone product, including all
multimedia content,for $5 <https://gumroad.com/products/OIbC/edit>HERE

You can subscribe via Patreon for as little as $1,
and all Patreon subscribers get access to the
Wyrd Daze Patreon activity stream, with exclusive content.
For more details and all Patreon subscription
options, go <http://www.patreon.com/wyrddaze>HERE

You can subscribe via the Wyrd Daze Gumroad shop
<https://gumroad.com/l/wyrddaze>HERE

or you can subscribe directly via Paypal with the button below
(and receive your first download within 24hrs)

<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=S9MU4FVUD4LKU>
Subscribe-Paypal-Button

Subscriptions create a revenue with which
to pay contributors for their
original contributions to Wyrd Daze

Posted in <https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/category/showcase/>Showcase.

<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/issue-11-showcase/>Issue 11 Showcase

  <https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/issue-11-showcase/>DECEMBER
19, 2014

<https://wyrddaze.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/issue-11-showcase/#comments>1

Hello and welcome to the Wyrd Daze Issue 11 showcase!

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/folkart4.jpg>
folkart4

The above image is by
<http://maximpetergriffin.co.uk/>Maxim Peter
Griffin, whose artwork is featured in this month’s zine.

----------

You can buy Issue 11 for $5
<https://gumroad.com/products/rDSN/edit>HERE or
subscribe <https://gumroad.com/products/OUrd/edit>HERE

----------

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/cover_art.jpg>
Cover_art

This month’s download features a three track
mini-EP fromConcretism, and there is an interview with Concretism‘s
Chris Sharp within the zine as well.

In addition there is a track by The Will of Nin Girima called
Spell Three : Carrion offering from the album
Two Cycles of Incantation
on the Invisible City Records label

<https://wyrddaze.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/cover.jpg>
cover

There’s also a track called Among the Stars from
Rasplyn‘s new album Scenes through the Magic Eye,
out now on Mythical Records, and there is an interview
with Rasplyn‘s Carolyn O’Neill in this month’s zine too!

----------

  A full list of Issue 11 contents follows:

The Wyrd Daze PDF Zine

– Cover and interior art by Maxim Peter Griffin

– An interview with Carolyn O’Neill

– Fragments from: The Fife Psychogeographical Collective

– An Interview with Chris Sharp

– FICTION: Raven and the Boggart by Leigh Wright

The Wyrd Daze EP

Concretism

Track One : Fog

Track Two : I dreamt of Coryton

Track Three : A Tour of the Factory

  Rasplyn

– Among the Stars

(from the album Scenes Through the Magic Eye on the
Mythical Records label)

The Will of Nin Girima