22-28Jun nr SALISBURY Chalke Valley History Festival

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Mon Mar 30 01:45:04 BST 2015

The 2014 Festival was widely acclaimed as being
the most successful so far and we will continue
to offer our unique combination of literary
festival and living history entertainment.
http://cvhf.org.uk/

This will include combat displays and interactive
experiences such as the Trench, Sword School and
Archery as well as a series of short air displays
with historic aircraft across the weekend
commemorating the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.
Even more to celebrate

As well as the 75th anniversary of the Battle of
Britain, 2015 will mark the anniversaries of
Magna Carta, Agincourt and Waterloo while we will
continue to cover a wide range of subjects from
the History of Science to History of Art.

Chalk Pyt Farm, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 5ET
01722 781133

Living History

On visiting the festival, you will also come
face-to-face with Romans from the age of
Vespasian, as well as knights of Middle Ages,
Napoleonic riflemen and Tommies from the two
world wars. The best living historians are not
only among the most informed people on any given
period, they also know how to bring the past back
to life in an exciting and visually compelling way.

Throughout the week, we host a through-the-ages
encampment, and our living historians will be
providing a large number of interactive
demonstrations, historical narratives and
offering a wonderful and immensely well-informed
window onto the past. From Romans to the Second
World War, and with displays by some of the very
best re-enactors and historical interpreters in
the UK. With an air show featuring Spitfires, a
B-17 and other warbirds, and with Sword School,
Have-a-Go Archery, an interactive First World War
trench experience, and jousts and battle
re-enactments, there is much to see for all the family.

  Expect guns, armour, ancient skills, tanks,
cookery from the past, dancing, music and a unique glimpse into the past

So much to see and do.

Offering a unique blend of talks, discussions &
debates alongside a vast living history
through-the-ages encampment and stunning air show
~ a celebration of history like no other

Literary

For the entire week we host a large and
wide-ranging number of talks, from the time of
the ancients to more contemporary subjects. Some
very familiar faces can be seen mingling with
crowds of eager history enthusiasts, as they join
us to give talks, or take part in discussions.
Living History

With more living history throughout the week than
in our previous festivals, there’s lots to do for all the family.

We are really excited about our ‘Street of Time’
which will be running throughout the week-long festival.
Air show

2015 will be hosting more wonderful aircraft than
ever before, with static models of a Spitfire and
Hurricane on show all week outside the main
entrance tent and with even more than before filling the skies above.
Schools Festival

Running alongside the main Festival, the Schools
Festival sees thousands of pupils from primary
school to sixth formers visit the festival in the
first half of the week on special days dedicated to different year groups.
More on:
Literary
More on:
Living History
More on:
the Airshow
More on:
Schools Festival
Visitor Information
About Chalke Valley History Festival
Become a CVHF Friend
Schools Festival
2015 History Prize
1940s Weekend
Airshow
Living History
Coming soon
Programme & Tickets
Speakers
Food & Dining
Stalls & Market
Historical Walks
Traders & Businesses
Sponsorship Opportunities
COMING SOON:
·
Stalls & Traders
·
Market
History Hub
Elizabeth’s Bedfellows: An Intimate History of the Queen’s Court
24th March 2015 - 8:30 am
?
Darling Monster: Letters from Lady Diana Cooper
18th March 2015 - 3:15 pm
Warrior: The Amazing Story of a Real War Horse
17th March 2015 - 7:38 pm
?
© 2010 - 2015 Chalke Valley History Festival.
Twitter: @TonyGosling http://twitter.com/tonygosling
http://rt.com/op-edge/authors/tony-gosling/
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org

www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6