In MWe, 2,667 tidal turbines equals one Hinkley C

chris morton crisscross at evendine.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Sep 25 08:15:38 BST 2016

Its great to see tidal emerging into the light after a decade or more of being ignored, but it is in the form of mega schemes. When it first became of interest there were nice little units tethered to the sea-bed with very small investment up-front, not to forget the fully worked out Severn barrage (with bypass). What’s happened to them?

The patent for the micro units was held by a company making nuke components, so we have been there before when BP sat on PV patents for years. I suppose the thing off the somerset coast is still there going up and down doing nowt….lots more?