Architects for Social Housing (ASH)

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Mon Feb 6 18:48:51 GMT 2017

https://twitter.com/ASH_housing

http://architectsforsocialhousing.co.uk/wordpress/manifesto/

Architects for Social Housing (ASH) was set up in
March 2015 in order to respond architecturally to
London’s housing ‘crisis’. We are a working
collective of architects, urban designers,
engineers, surveyors, planners, film-makers,
photographers, web designers, artists, writers
and housing campaigners operating with developing ideas under set principles.

First among these is the conviction that
increasing the housing capacity on existing
council estates, rather than redeveloping them as
luxury apartments, is a more sustainable solution
to London’s housing needs than the demolition of
the city’s social housing during a housing
shortage, enabling, as it does, the continued
existence of the communities they house.

ASH offers support, advice and expertise to
residents who feel their interests and voices are
increasingly marginalised by local councils or
housing associations during the so-called
‘regeneration’ process. Our primary
responsibility is to existing residents – tenants
and leaseholders alike; but we are also committed
to finding viable alternatives to estate
demolition that are in the interests of the wider London community.

ASH operates on three levels of activity:
Architecture, Community and Propaganda.
    * We propose architectural alternatives to
council estate demolition through designs for
infill, build-over and refurbishment that
increase housing capacity on the estates and, by
renting or selling a proportion of the new homes
on the private market, generate the funds to
refurbish the existing council homes, while
leaving the communities they currently house intact.
    * We support estate communities in their
resistance to the demolition of their homes by
working closely with residents over an extended
period of time, offering them information about
estate regeneration and housing policy from a
reservoir of knowledge and tactics pooled from
similar campaigns across London.
    * We disseminate information that aims to
counter negative and incorrect perceptions about
social housing in the minds of the public, and
raise awareness of the role of relevant interest
groups, including local authorities, housing
associations, property developers and
architectural practices, in the regeneration
process. Using a variety of means, including
protest, publication and propaganda, we are
trying to initiate a wider cultural change within
the architectural profession.
Whether you are facing the regeneration of your
estate and in need of advice, or whether you want
to offer your skills, expertise and time to our
many projects, please get in contact.

E-mail:
<mailto:info at architectsforsocialhousing.co.uk>info at architectsforsocialhousing.co.uk

Twitter: <http://twitter.com/ASH_Housing>@ASH_Housing

Facebook:
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/408492165990733/>ASH
(Architects for Social Housing)

Events: <http://www.opengardenestates.com/>http://www.opengardenestates.com

So much emphasis is placed on select Jewish
participation in Bormann companies that when
Adolf Eichmann was seized and taken to Tel Aviv
to stand trial, it produced a shock wave in the
Jewish and German communities of Buenos Aires.
Jewish leaders informed the Israeli authorities
in no uncertain terms that this must never happen
again because a repetition would permanently
rupture relations with the Germans of Latin
America, as well as with the Bormann
organization, and cut off the flow of Jewish
money to Israel. It never happened again, and the
pursuit of Bormann quieted down at the request of
these Jewish leaders. He is residing in an
Argentinian safe haven, protected by the most
efficient German infrastructure in history as
well as by all those whose prosperity depends on his well-being.
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fspitfirelist.com%2Fbooks%2Fmartin-bormann-nazi-in-exile%2F&h=eAQErj17O>http://spitfirelist.com/books/martin-bormann-nazi-in-exile/