UK land ownership data day, Fri 17 March

Cedric Knight cknight at gn.apc.org
Wed Mar 8 11:19:33 GMT 2017

I would liked to have helped at this event, but can't make it.  Thought
it might be of interest here though. - CK.

The Great UK Land-Hack

Friday 17th March 2017
09.30 – 18.00

Friends of the Earth offices, 139 Clapham Rd, SW9 0HP

Join us to explore the data and discover who owns our land, what they
are paid, and how they are impacting on our environment.

With Brexit still really meaning Brexit, we’re looking forward to
bringing together data wizards, tech experts and authorities on the
environment to consider the environmental and social impacts of our
current farm subsidy system. We hope that our first Land-Hack will
result in a better understanding of the relationship between subsidy,
land-use and public goods, and help us all to show how a post-EU food
and farming policy could support environmentally and financially
sustainable upland management.

If you would like to join us, please email Kierra.box at foe.co.uk and
confirm your attendance.

It would also be helpful if you could let me know if you’d consider your
expertise to lie in data, tech or environment/land issues to help us
maintain a good balance of attendees. Further details will be provided
once you have confirmed your participation.

This is a free event. We’ll provide all the essentials, including tea,
coffee, and great company, but ask that you bring your own laptop and lunch.