Announcing SoilHack 2017!

Nicole Vosper nicolevosper at gmx.com
Thu Mar 16 09:06:11 GMT 2017

    SoilHack Gathering 2017

*What:* A weekend to share our passion, knowledge, and skills for
building healthy soils

*When: *27 – 28th May 2017 (arrivals welcome Friday evening)

*Where: *Brook End LAND Centre, Compton Dundon – near Street and
Glastonbury in Somerset

*How to book your place: *Please email eat at feedavalon.org.uk
<mailto:eat at feedavalon.org.uk>

*About: *SoilHack <http://farmhack.org/wiki/soilhack-wiki> is a
knowledge sharing network focused on soil. It is part of the FarmHack
<http://farmhack.org/tools> movement and has been born out of the need
to save what soils we have with the best information possible.

The first national SoilHack Gathering is taking place this summer
at Brook End LAND Centre <http://www.brookend.org.uk/> just outside
Street (near Glastonbury) in Somerset. We invite you to come to
contribute your experiences, share good ideas and learn about soil
regeneration. This is a DIY movement where we collectively learn about
soils and apply our learning in our own gardens and farms. We try to
bring the best research to life and share it horizontally.

The Gathering will involve workshops led by participants with practical
experience in soil biology, biochar, agroforestry, cover cropping and
more. We will also create a space to explore how to build the SoilHack
movement in an effort to defend, repair and build soils that are
essential to life. It is a not-for-profit event with financial support
to enable access and participation. Contributions are sliding scale
between £25 - £125 for the weekend including meals and camping.

To book your place and offer a workshop please email
eat at feedavalon.org.uk <mailto:eat at feedavalon.org.uk>

*Full details including flyer
here*: http://www.feedavalon.org.uk/soilhack2017/
<http://www.feedavalon.org.uk/soilhack2017/>