Spirit of the Marsh festie: Beltane LINCS Fri03-Mon06 May

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Mon Apr 29 02:00:11 BST 2019

Spirit of the Marsh Beltane Fire Gathering and festival

Celebrate Beltane with three days of camping in
the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside.   Spirit
of the Marsh is a family gathering that aims to keep ancient traditions alive.

2019’s event will be packed with talks,
workshops, music, meditations, plenty of Pagan
and spiritual ceremonies, childrens entertainment
and of course, the Beltane fire.

Dates for 2019 festival are Friday 3rd May 2019 to Monday 6th May 2019

>This small not for profit festival aims to
>celebrate the spirit, knowledge and energies of
>the people of the region.  For a long time our
>isolation has meant we maintain an independent
>spirit. We first put together an event in 2011
>after our village in Theddlethorpe near
>Mablethorpe was identified by our local
>authority as an unsustainable village.  A
>handful of people with the rebellious nature
>homed by our special area decided to show the
>powers that were just how wrong they are.  A
>fantastic Viking festival was set up around the
>village with Music, Stalls, Talks, Dancing,
>Workshops, Art and a procession with a
>re-enactment of a Viking burial went ahead
>showcasing our local talent and heritage.  After
>a couple of years we had to downsize a little
>because of spiralling health and safety costs
>and we decided to explore  the pagan roots of
>our area.  We continued In Theddlethorpe until
>2016 when a move proved necessary due to family circumstances.
>
>We relocated to nearby Trusthorpe 5 minutes walk
>the beautiful beach and transport links although
>we can provide a sand train a road train and a
>ghost train.  We have continue to explore our
>pagan roots with a Beltane celebration over the
>Mayday bank holiday weekend.  The festival has
>full weekend camping but for those who prefer to
>book in to nearby static caravans or b&b at this
>time of year there are a few only minutes walk
>away while not being visible from the site that
>has views of the marsh plains and the
>Lincolnshire Wolds.  Spirit of the Marsh now
>boasts an beautiful bar and entertainment tent
>filled with original music.  We have a talks
>tent throughout the days with rebound speakers.
>Fantastic Heritage skills participation
>workshops including wood turning bow making and
>stone masonry.  Craft workshops, alternative
>therapies, rituals and ceremonies, A May queen
>parade, dancing ,food including vegan catering
>ritual fire, in fact a complete workout for the senses.
>
>Children 12 and under are free.  Weekend camping
>tickets are £55 and half price for 13 to
>17.  Day tickets are £5 Friday 3rd and £10
>Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th and again half price
>for 13 to 17 year olds.  This small family
>friendly festival is a fantastic tonic to those
>commercial ones with insidious agendas.  please
>for more information chick out
>http://www.spiritofthemarsh.com/wp/ or our
>Facebook event page
>https://www.facebook.com/events/1969542060027637/
>Spirit of the Marsh Beltane Gathering 2019

Venue

Our venue is at Trusthorpe, between the coastal
towns of Mablethorpe and Sutton on Sea in
Lincolnshire.  The large site has ample room for
camping, parking and of course the weekends entertainment.
<https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Trusthorpe+LN122PS%2C+United+Kingdom&t=m&layer=1&doflg=ptk&om=0>
icon-car.png
<http://www.spiritofthemarsh.com/wp/wp-content/plugins/leaflet-maps-marker/leaflet-kml.php?marker=1&name=show>
KML-Logo
<http://www.spiritofthemarsh.com/wp/wp-content/plugins/leaflet-maps-marker/leaflet-fullscreen.php?marker=1>
Fullscreen-Logo
<http://www.spiritofthemarsh.com/wp/wp-content/plugins/leaflet-maps-marker/leaflet-geojson.php?marker=1&callback=jsonp&full=yes&full_icon_url=yes>
GeoJSON-Logo
<http://www.spiritofthemarsh.com/wp/wp-content/plugins/leaflet-maps-marker/leaflet-georss.php?marker=1>
GeoRSS-Logo

Spirit Of The Marsh

[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

[]

[]

<http://www.spiritofthemarsh.com/wp/venue/#>+<http://www.spiritofthemarsh.com/wp/venue/#>-
200 m
500 ft
<https://www.mapsmarker.com/go>MapsMarker.com
(<http://www.leafletjs.com/>Leaflet/<https://mapicons.mapsmarker.com/>icons)
| Map: ©
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright>OpenStreetMap
contributors
(<https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id&lat=53.324030&lon=0.270538&zoom=15>edit)

Getting There

The site is located on the main A52 road between
Mablethorpe and Sutton on Sea.  If you are using
Sat nav please use the postcode LN122PS and keep an eye out for the sign posts.

There are bus stops within easy walking distance
coming from Skegness and Louth directions.  The
nearest railway station is Skegness.

Site Rules

Spirit of The Marsh is a family friendly festival
so please be considerate to others.  Well behaved
dogs are allowed but must be kept on leads at all
times.  The site must be vacated by midday Tuesday 3rd May.

Facilities

Facilities on the site are limited.  There will
be toilet facilities.  A good selection of food
and drink vendors will be on site catering for
most dietary requirements.  There will be a bar
on site. A small well stocked shop is within easy walking distance of the site.