[Diggers350] 'Camp on disputed land' planned near popular beach, Eastern Daily Press

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Aug 24 01:13:29 BST 2021

TLIO Bank Holiday Camp in support of Scolt Head &
District Common Rights Holders Association
https://tlio.org.uk/friday-27th-to-monday-30th-august-2021-scolt-head-north-norfolk-coast-bank-holiday-camp-on-disputed-land/

<https://www.edp24.co.uk/>Eastern Daily Press >
<https://www.edp24.co.uk/news>News

'Camp on disputed land' planned near popular beach

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/brancaster-camping-protest-planned-over-land-rights-8264646

Stuart Anderson  Published: 5:20 PM August 23, 2021
A group of people campaigning for age-old
commoners' land rights are planning a 'camp out
on disputed land' near a popular part of north Norfolk coastline.
Tony Gosling, from the group This Land Is Ours,
said at least 10 people were planning to take
part in the protest which would take place at or
near the beach road car park in Brancaster over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Mr Gosling, who lives near Bristol, said the
group wanted to draw attention to the cause of
the Scolt Head and District Common Rightsholders
Association (SCADRA), who
<https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/brancaster-common-land-dispute-prince-charles-asked-to-step-in-1826762>dispute
the right of the National Trust and the Royal
West Norfolk Golf Club to use a stretch of salt
marsh next to Brancaster beach.
Tony Gosling, from the group The Land Is Ours.
The area which the Scolt Head and District Common
Rightholders Association says is common land. It
has been registered by the Royal West Norfolk
Golf Club and the National Trust. Image: Google Maps - Credit: Archant
Mr Gosling said: "Along the north Norfolk coast
private landowners have been extending their
boundaries into the Scolt Island commons.
"Legally they must compensate rights holders if
they want to use registered common land but they
are refusing to meet local residents or even reply to letters.
"We are not there to be disruptive, we are just
trying to encourage debate and bring people
together. We're we’re all friendly, and peaceful,
we want to get people talking about something that’s extremely toxic."
Brancaster Marsh Common, parts of which are in
use by the National Trust and local golf club.
Briony Bax, Brancaster Parish Council chairman,
said: "It’s a long-standing concern of the whole
village that the tactics that they (SCADRA) are
using do not go towards building community discussion.
"I'm also concerned about the health and safety of the campers.
"If you don’t know the marshes, it’s not a safe
place to be wandering around at night."
Victoria Egan, general manager of the National
Trust Coast and Broads, said: “We are aware that
there is a planned event near National Trust land
but not necessarily on Trust land. We are going
to be speaking to SCADRA about the matter.”
Mrs Bax said the parish council was working with
the National Trust, the golf club and the police
to see that the camping was safe.
The Land Is Ours was founded in the 1990s by
George Monbiot, from Extinction Rebellion.
The golf club has also been contacted for comment.

And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them,
he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and
gave to them.
<http://biblehub.com/luke/24-31.htm>31 And their
eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he
vanished out of their
sight.  http://biblehub.com/kjv/luke/24.htm
'Capitalism is institutionalised bribery' TG
https://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry/videos
"And I think, in the end, that is the best
definition of journalism I have heard; to
challenge authority - all authority - especially
so when governments and politicians take us to
war, when they have decided that they will kill and others will die. "
--Robert Fisk
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMn9GM4atN3t7AHJBbHMR0Q/videos
http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://www.thisweek.org.uk
http://www.911forum.org.uk
http://www.tlio.org.uk
Download, donation only, Tony's three watermarked
books http://www.bilderberg.org  - My books https://payhip.com/TonyGosling
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvPbHiqhLtpNWA_cg_1NULw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMn9GM4atN3t7AHJBbHMR0Q
https://www.twitter.com/TonyGosling
https://www.facebook.com/tony.gosling.16
You can donate to support Tony's work here http://www.bilderberg.org/bcfm.htm
Or buy Tony's three ebooks for £10-£15 here
https://payhip.com/TonyGosling or paperback here
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254963338161
TG mobile +44 7786 952037