[Diggers350] Beware The 'Crooked Cross Environmentalists'

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sun Nov 20 10:03:50 GMT 2022

System? What system?

https://winteroak.org.uk/2022/11/18/system-what-system/

Posted on
<https://winteroak.org.uk/2022/11/18/system-what-system/>November
18, 2022 by <https://winteroak.org.uk/author/winteroakpress/>winter oak

by <https://paulcudenec.substack.com/p/system-what-system>Paul Cudenec

The other day, while out spreading the word in
the streets, one of my friends handed some of our
dissident literature to a passer-by with the
explanation that we were countering the lies of the system.

Although the man in question turned out to be
warmly sympathetic to our cause, this remark really stumped him.

“The system?” he asked, with an expression of
utter bewilderment clouding his face. “What system?”

Emacs!

Although this may have merely been a case of
unfamiliarity with a certain terminology, I like
to think that his response revealed the greatest
triumph of the odious entity that now controls
nearly the whole world and is currently trying to
impose its
<https://winteroak.org.uk/the-great-reset/>Great
Reset on us – it has managed to wrap itself in a cloak of invisibility!

This is not even a question of who exactly is
behind all this (though there are some useful
pointers
<https://winteroak.org.uk/2022/05/15/empire-of-hypocrisy/>here,
<https://winteroak.org.uk/2022/04/15/charles-empire-the-royal-reset-riddle/>here,
<https://winteroak.org.uk/2022/08/02/a-developing-evil-the-malignant-historical-force-behind-the-great-reset/>here
and
<https://winteroak.org.uk/2022/10/14/a-crime-against-humanity-the-great-reset-of-1914-1918/>here):
the root problem is that most people do not even
realise that the system exists.

For them, we live in a pluralistic world. Within
the framework of something known as democracy,
they picture a complex interchange of competing
forces and interests resolving themselves in a
status quo which we are more or less obliged to go along with.

While this misunderstanding is perhaps forgivable
for those whose information comes straight from
the corporate mainstream, it is also shared by
those who give the impression of knowing better.

I have spoken to self-defined “anti-capitalists”
whose view of “capitalism” seems very similar to
that of the ruling group they claim to oppose:
they see it as an agglomeration of social and
economic relationships without any overriding direction or control.

To suggest otherwise, in their eyes, is to commit
the grave heresy of spreading conspiracy theory.
<https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fa4a7cf8d-ed85-446f-84dd-d951252f3a99_584x722.jpeg>
[]

Their imagined reality of various independent
capitalists struggling against one another in a
dog-eat-dog world of rugged competition – and
thus being incapable of ganging together to cheat
and enslave the rest of us – seems to have
survived intact since the mid-1800s, when Karl
Marx was formulating his theories.

Anyone paying attention today cannot have failed
to have noticed the way that multinational
businesses and financial interests have converged
to the point that their ownership can be traced
back to a handful of concerns like BlackRock,
Vanguard and State Street – which themselves
appear to be part of the same overall operation.

This same corporate/financial über-entity has
also become heavily entwined with – and indeed
essentially inseparable from – state bodies and international institutions.

The resulting monster is a self-concealing global
public-private governance pulling the strings
behind all aspects of our contemporary world.

Once you have seen past the cloak of invisibility
and understood that there is such a thing as the
system, everything else begins to make sense.

For instance, I have long despaired over the
absence of an authentic philosophy or movement of
resistance. All the existing off-the-peg options
fall well short of what we need and even lead
people in completely the wrong direction.

Why is this? Is it entirely due to the failings
of the system’s opponents? Is it because the
arguments of those defending the system are so
strong and appealing that it is not possible to express coherent disagreement?

Or is it rather that, as part of its
self-advancement, the system has deliberately set
out to ensure that there is no credible criticism of its Great Racket?

It would have to, wouldn’t it, if it wanted to remain invisible?

Its big lie – or
<https://www.weforum.org/press/2022/01/klaus-schwab-releases-the-great-narrative-as-sequel-to-the-great-reset/>Great
Narrative if you prefer – has always been that
the vile world it has manufactured is inevitable,
part of the necessary evolution of human history.

It projects the assumption that this “progress”
towards modernity is somehow tied in with the
passage of time itself. Two thousand and
twenty-two years after the birth of Jesus Christ,
it was always going to be the case that humankind
lived in a world of airports, chemical factories,
server farms and nuclear power stations.

This is just the way things are. It just happened
like that. There is nothing anyone can do about
it. You can’t turn the clock back.

This story is, of course, not true! There are
lots of ways in which the present could have
shaped up. There was nothing inevitable about the
industrial revolution, for a start, as mentioned
in
<https://winteroak.org.uk/2022/11/15/when-another-england-seemed-possible/>this
article.

But it is crucial for the system that we believe
this fairy tale of spontaneously self-creating
modernity. Because, if we don’t, it means that we
realise that somebody created it with a specific
purpose in mind, namely profit and control.
<https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F674e59a1-33b2-4177-ad3e-ecc68086f922_1558x783.png>
[]

And, at that point, the system ceases to be
invisible, ceases to appear random, and reveals
itself to be a
<https://winteroak.org.uk/2022/08/08/facing-up-to-the-crime-in-progress/>deliberate
act of theft and enslavement – for which specific
groups of people are historically responsible.

In order to defend itself from people’s awareness
of what it has done and is still doing, with all
the outrage and rejection that this would rightly
spark, the system therefore has to destroy any
opposition that calls attention to the fact that
its world is not inevitable and which insists
that a completely different way of living is both possible and desirable.

One of its favourite tricks, over the centuries,
has been to infiltrate and take over a resistance
movement, use it for its own ends, wipe out the
genuinely radical elements and then use the
excesses and crimes committed by its own
fake-revolutionary placemen to discredit the
whole idea of revolt against its slave-system.

“See! Look what happens when you rebel against our world!” it tells us later.

Thereafter, any dissident voices that seem to be
connected to the fake-revolutionaries deployed by
the system are automatically discredited and
their ideas consigned to the dustbin of history.

The system is thereby able to maintain the
illusion that there is no credible alternative to its noxious empire of greed.

I was reminded of this method of manipulation
while reading the article placed immediately
after my
<https://winteroak.org.uk/2022/11/15/when-another-england-seemed-possible/>own
in the latest issue of the French journal
<https://www.lechappee.org/collections/brasero/brasero-ndeg2>brasero.
<https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F718f34e8-2139-4dc5-9998-94c578a4048a_449x605.png>
[]

Here, Jean-Christophe Angaut and Anatole Lucet
look at the early 20th century Wandervogel phenomenon in Germany. [1]

This back-to-nature youth movement is now
generally associated in the public mind with the
Nazis and their Hitler Youth. Indeed, the authors
remark that the main website dedicated to the
Wandervogel in France today is run by the extreme right.

But its origins were very different. It was, in
fact, a reaction against the rapid wave of
industrialisation imposed on Germany, which
attracted tens of thousands of youngsters into its ranks.

Operating at a deeper level than that which we
usually identify as “political”, it started out
as simply a desire to escape from the
increasingly artificial and restricted life of
the cities in order to breathe the fresh air of the natural world.

According to Walter Lacqeur it was “a form of
opposition to a civilization which had little to
offer to the younger generations, a protest
against a lack of vitality, warmth, feeling and ideals”. [2]

It was no less than a heart-felt and instinctive
rejection by young human beings of the grim
modern prison of regimentation-for-exploitation
that was being built around them.

Angaut and Lucet write that until the First World
War the Wandervogel movement (the name literally
refers to the migration of birds) was “romantic and anarchic”. [3]
<https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fb99c5217-2150-4315-a4a8-e7cad7b97486_354x529.png>
[]

Intuitively, this new generation of Europeans
channelled the aesthetics of earlier centuries,
of a time when society was hardly perfect, but still organic in nature.

The name of their movement evoked both German
romantic poetry and the wandering groups of the
Middle Ages who passed from town to town, from
country to country, perfecting their trade and their knowledge of the world.

The 20th century youngsters even initially
dressed in the style of medieval itinerant
scholars, with their soft hats, staffs and old-fashioned breeches.

One observer, Gerd Knoche, remarked at the time:
“Wandering is to swap the slavery of human
society for nature, the noise and dirt of the
city for the silence and pure air of the fields,
work for contemplation, job and family for new
experiences, routine for the unknown, narrow
limits for vast horizons. Alongside all that
there is the benefit of physical exercise and a
direct connection with Mother Earth”. [4]

A declaration made by the movement in 1913 also
gives a good idea of the spirit behind it: “The
free German youth wants to shape its life
according to its own law, under its own
responsibility, in conformity with its deepest
truth. In all circumstances, it will be united in
the defence of this innner freedom”. [5]
<https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fa7c1444f-4388-42d1-b2e6-76fa805d94fb_702x467.png>
[]

While the involvement in the Wandervogel of
“left-wing” Jewish intellectual
<https://orgrad.wordpress.com/a-z-of-thinkers/walter-benjamin/>Walter
Benjamin confirms that the Wandervogel’s origins
were a long way from being Nazi, even during the
Hitler regime many adherents remained true to the original libertarian ethos.

They objected to the nationalist and militarist
corruption of much of the movement and, of
course, to its absorption by the fascist state.

The article explains that Hans and Sophie Scholl
of the White Rose underground resistance network
“remained members of a banned youth organisation
right up until the denunciation which led them to
them being executed on February 22 1943”. [6]

Their sister Inge Scholl provided a fascinating
insight into the outlook of these secret groups
of youngsters who kept the original Wandervogel
spirit alive in the dark years of Hitlerism.

They lived wild and free, she wrote, tasting
existence as a superb adventure, an expedition
into the allure of the unknown. They leapt into
icy rivers at dawn, spent hours lying flat on the
ground watching wild animals and birds, sang
songs together around the camp fire in the
evenings, to the accompaniment of guitars, banjos or balalaikas.
<https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4a40c257-cb19-4a9c-a6a7-4ae99df80bf7_845x550.png>
[]

“Suddenly there was a wave of arrests all across
Germany. This authentic survival of a great youth
movement, born at the start of the century and
carrying within it such great hope, was destroyed”. [7]

This important cultural uprising against the
system was in fact crushed in two stages. The
first came with the Great War, an
<https://winteroak.org.uk/2022/10/14/a-crime-against-humanity-the-great-reset-of-1914-1918/>earlier
Great Reset which the system deliberately used to
push us further into industrial slavery.

Not only were many of that generation wiped out
in the trenches, but the post-war Germany to
which the rest returned was a New Normal version.

The second stage came with the Nazi regime, which
represented a further acceleration of the
system’s authoritarian-industrial
“<https://winteroak.org.uk/2022/08/02/a-developing-evil-the-malignant-historical-force-behind-the-great-reset/>development”
agenda funded by the same financiers who arranged
and profited from the First World War, as Antony C. Sutton has shown. [8]

The system cannot stand us feeling free, it
cannot stand us feeling part of nature, it cannot
stand us having thoughts, yearnings and dreams
that might lead us out of its “inclusive”
industrial work camps and “smart” cities towards
a future in which we are free from its sinister life-hating power.

Time and time again it twists and crushes the
resistance that arises naturally in each new generation.

In the last couple of decades alone we have seen
anti-globalists turned into
alternative-globalists, anarchists turned into
rabid defenders of
<https://winteroak.org.uk/the-great-reset/>Great
Reset totalitarianism, environmentalists turned
into marketing agents for the fake-green
“renewable” technology of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.

We will never stop falling into these traps so
long as we do not see clearly what the system is and what it does.

And we are not going to manage to do that if we
keep pretending that it doesn’t even exist!

[<https://winteroakextra.files.wordpress.com/2022/11/system-what-system.m4a>Audio
version]

Follow Paul Cudenec on his
<https://paulcudenec.substack.com/p/system-what-system>new substack blog.

[1] Jean-Christophe Angaut and Anatole Lucet,
‘Wandervogel: des oisillons à contre-courant de
la modernité’, brasero; revue de contre-histoire,
numéro 2, novembre 2022 (Paris: Editions L’Echappée, 2022).

[2] Walter Lacquer, Die deutsche Jugendbewegung:
eine historische Studie (Cologne: Wissenschaft
und Politik, 1962), p. 14, cit. Angaut and Lucet, p. 123.

[3] Angaut and Lucet, p. 115

[4] Gerd Knoche, ‘Le mouvement de jeunesse
allemand’, Europe, numéro 2, août 1930, pp.
593-604, cit. Angaut and Lucet, p. 116.

[5] Angaut and Lucet, p. 115.

[6] Angaut and Lucet, p. 117.

[7] Inge Scholl, La Rose blanche. Six Allemands
contre le nazisme (1953). (Editions de Minuit,
1995), pp. 33-36, cit. Angaut and Lucet, p. 117.

[8] Antony C Sutton, Wall Street and the Rise of
Hitler (Sudbury: Bloomfield Books, 1976). See
also Paul Cudenec, Fascism Rebranded: Exposing
the Great Reset (Winter Oak, 2021), pp. 284-290.