[Diggers350] Sarah Parkin's save allotment advice

Sarah Parkin sarah at sarahparkin.co.uk
Thu Jul 4 01:27:26 BST 2024

Please see. Apply for ACV now with the relevant
council. You’ll need your figures & site looking good, well used etc. I
  think we had two inspections by a council officer.
<https://www.derbyshiredales.gov.uk/your-council/news-and-social-media/latest-news/starkholmes-allotments-tribunal-decision>Starkholmes
Allotments Tribunal decision - Derbyshire Dales District Council
<https://www.derbyshiredales.gov.uk/your-council/news-and-social-media/latest-news/starkholmes-allotments-tribunal-decision>derbyshiredales.gov.uk

Keep allotment holders active as such a threat
can bring on dismantling & loss of hope for
coming season making the site under used. Run
community days to gather people to support your
site. Really brings out people.

Record as much wildlife as you can for
biodiversity net gain. One day bioblitz.

Get councillors on board. Though they do seem to
be busy with elections at the moment.

Careful what you say in the press. Accurate.

Get your plot holders saying as much as they can
about what is means to them, length of time on
the plot etc. local tv & radio etc etc

Make sure local people put their names down on the waiting lists for plots.

og-image.jpeg

<https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/save-starkholmes-allotments>'Fighting
Fund' to SAVE Starkholmes Allotments
<https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/save-starkholmes-allotments>crowdfunder.co.uk