[SGRupdate] Events in November

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) info at sgr.org.uk
Mon Nov 3 10:13:26 GMT 2008

Dear Friends

Details below of two events - both featuring SGR speakers - that may be
that may be of interest to you ...

With best wishes

Kate Maloney
Office Manger.

Movement for the Abolition of War

2008 REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY LECTURE
Hope in a time of war - a religious perspective on peacemaking
Kathy Galloway, Leader of the Iona Community
2.00pm on Sunday 9th November at the Imperial War Museum, London SE1

Recent lectures in the series have focussed on the political and legal
aspects of war. This year, the 90th anniversary of the ending of the First
World War, we focus on peace and reconciliation.
The lecture is in the Cinema and is free and open to all.

And at the museum on the same day:
MAW’s ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

After a short Remembrance Ceremony at 11.00am in the Atrium, we shall hold
our AGM in the Conference Room on the first floor. Our speaker is Dr
Dr Stuart Parkinson, Executive Director of Scientists for Global
Responsibility, who will discuss "Climate change and military conflict".
This will be followed by a business meeting lasting about an hour. As
usual at both events there will be music and song; this year from MAW’s
new CD, "Call back the fire". All welcome. You might also like to visit
the museum’s new exhibition "In memoriam: remembering the Great War".

So please join us for the day. The museum’s cafe provides a good lunch.
MAW: 01908 510642 http://www.abolishwar.org.uk
IWM: 020 7416 5000 http://www.iwm.org.uk

Abingdon Peace Group

is pleased to invite you to hear

Professor Keith Barnham
Emeritus Professor of Physics, Imperial College, London
Member of Scientists for Global Responsibility

speak on

NUCLEAR POWER, A THREAT TO SECURITY?
The Links Between Nuclear Power and Nuclear Weapons

Tuesday 18th November 7.30 pm

St Nicolas Church, Market Place, Abingdon

Admission free, all welcome.

Further information: 01235 522163/526265