[SGRupdate] SGR Santa Goes Running

janekwilson janekwilson at gn.apc.org
Tue Nov 18 13:01:06 GMT 2008

Dear SGR update subscriber, "Come along and have some fun - run, jog or
walk!"

Just to let you know that the office staff and some of my friends and family
are running / walking in the local Santa Fun Run on Sunday 30th November at
11.30 am. See http://www.santasfunrun.org.uk/ . We have decided to
participate in this event to raise money primarily for the Martin Ryle Trust
http://www.sgr.org.uk/MRT.html

and also for the Pilgrims Hospices (which is a cause close to my own heart)
and the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.

SGR is the main beneficiary of the Martin Ryle Trust and our team will be
called SGR (Santa Goes Running!!!). Kate and two of my friends will be
walking (or jogging at a push)! However my son and another friend (a keen
runner ! ) will be running.

If you wish to take part, come and watch, or sponsor us then please do let
us know. You could also look out for similar events in your own area.

The entry fee is £10 for adults and £5 for children. Unfortunately, as the
objective of this is to raise money for the Martin Ryle Trust, we are unable
to pay your entry fee or any travelling expenses. Santa outfits will be
provided and registration forms can be downloaded at
http://www.santasfunrun.org.uk/application.htm Sponsor forms can be
downloaded at http://www.santasfunrun.org.uk/sponsorship.htm

If you want to take part then 50% of the money raised will go to the two
charities above and the remainder to the MRT. Any sponsorship money can be
gift aided.

If you want to be part of SGR (Santa Goes Running) just put that as your
team name on the registration form and email me to let me know that you will
be taking part so that we can meet up in advance (and go to the pub
afterwards!).

If you wish to watch or sponsor us, please do let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Jane

P.S. If it is difficult to sponsor us or you are overseas please consider
making a donation to SGR using Paypal http://www.sgr.org.uk/donations.html

Thank you for your support.

Jane K Wilson
SGR Marketing and Recruitment Officer
Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) is an independent UK-based
organisation of scientists, architects, engineers, and technologists
promoting ethical science, design and technology.

Scientists for Global Responsibility
Ingles Manor
Castle Hill Avenue
Folkestone
CT20 2RD

Tel: 01303 851965
Mobile: 07771 883696
E-mail: info at sgr.org.uk
Web: <http://www.sgr.org.uk> http://www.sgr.org.uk

Help support SGR's work - become a member or an associate member. For
details, see  <http://www.sgr.org.uk/joinsgr.html>
http://www.sgr.org.uk/joinsgr.html

I raise money for SGR via the Martin Ryle Trust with Everyclick.com
<http://www.everyclick.com/> http://www.everyclick.com You can do this too
at   <http://www.everyclick.com/the-mrt/170100/0>
http://www.everyclick.com/the-mrt/170100/0